Installing Google Play version on another device using .apk file?

Started by Explorer, May 25, 2022, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explorer

Can anyone help me with this problem I am having installing my Google Play Store version of Oruxmaps using the .apk file? 

I paid for Oruxmaps going through the Google Play Store and have it installed on my Samsung Tablet, installing it through the Google Play Store.  I have another Magellan Tablet in my off road vehicle, but this tablet can only install apps using .apk files, it can not access the Google Play Store due to being set up from the off road vehicle manufacturer (Yamaha) specifically for use in their vehicles.  I have installed beta versions of Oruxmaps on the Magellan Tablet without any problems, but would rather have my paid for version of Oruxmaps, so I don't get messages that the beta version is about to expire and quit working.

I extracted the .apk file from my Google Play version of Oruxmaps (GP 9.0.2) but when I try to install it on the Magellan Tablet I get the error message, "There was a problem checking the license.  Please download directly from Google Play", and then I have to click on "Accept" and Oruxmaps shuts down.

Is there a way to have my extracted .apk file of Oruxmaps GP 9.0.2 to include my license so the Magellan tablet will recognize my license?

Any help / suggestions will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Haldo

Quote from: Explorer on May 25, 2022, 05:18:56 PM
Is there a way to have my extracted .apk file of Oruxmaps GP 9.0.2 to include my license so the Magellan tablet will recognize my license?

No.