OruxMaps 9.03 GP

Started by lneam, June 07, 2022, 12:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lneam

I make a clean install from playstore this new version. When i run for first time the app, i exit without made any changes. Then, with a file manager i made the folder "4.2" and copy my personal settings from 8.07 version. When i run again the 9.03 version, i recall my settings from 8.07 file.

on the main screen ...
- there are more buttons, not what i have set. Why ?
- on the upper bar, there are new buttons. How can i change them ?
- on the left, there are the button "+" or "add". How can i remove it ?

is this old file settings from 8.07 version, 100% compatible with new 9.03 version or i must set everything from the beginning ?

Tronpo

Quote from: lneam on June 07, 2022, 12:21:43 PM
I make a clean install from playstore this new version. When i run for first time the app, i exit without made any changes. Then, with a file manager i made the folder "4.2" and copy my personal settings from 8.07 version. When i run again the 9.03 version, i recall my settings from 8.07 file.

on the main screen ...
- there are more buttons, not what i have set. Why ?
- on the upper bar, there are new buttons. How can i change them ?
- on the left, there are the button "+" or "add". How can i remove it ?

is this old file settings from 8.07 version, 100% compatible with new 9.03 version or i must set everything from the beginning ?

Estas viendo el "interfaz unificado" en la última versión viene por defecto activado.
Si quieres el interfaz clásico solo tienes que ir a configuración global y desmarcar la casilla del interfaz unificado.
Un saludo

lneam

thanks Trompo for the info, but ....

i will suggest the following for the next update
maybe, there are some people like me who likes over 90% of the new look and they need only to change for example only the icon of the camera (upper panel). Why it must be into the main screen, who cares. It will be nice for the user to could change those 4 buttons, like the left and right panel.

Tronpo

Quote from: lneam on June 07, 2022, 08:55:13 PM
thanks Trompo for the info, but ....

i will suggest the following for the next update
maybe, there are some people like me who likes over 90% of the new look and they need only to change for example only the icon of the camera (upper panel). Why it must be into the main screen, who cares. It will be nice for the user to could change those 4 buttons, like the left and right panel.

Estoy de acuerdo contigo,yo hace mucho tiempo que sugerí a Orux, una barra superior configurable en igualdad a las botoneras laterales.(junto a muchos usuarios)
Aunque entiendo que debería de ser en el "interfaz clásico" y dejar el "interfaz unificado " para lo que Orux lo creó

Saari

I can't install version 9.0.3GP from Google PlayMarket. Why?

Haran

Hello. I broke the old phone, so I installed Oruxmaps 9.03 on a new smartphone. When I go to settings, the position of maps, tracklogs and other things are *fixed* and I can not change them.
Ok, but I have not access to this directories on the phone with the built-in archive app: I have to use Total Commander app to make this directory visible.

AND: Ok, Oruxmaps tells that I can put the maps into an alternative directory on SD card (fixed path an name >:(). But Oruxmaps didn'n create this directory when I installed it: I have to create it manually (very long path name).
Well, I think this is a few complicated for an average user  :-\.

Haran

Well, how to put mapstyles in a new installation? I can not choose directories, ok, but I don't know the exact place to move files in the fixed directories. It's a nightmare. Oruxmaps is not able to find my mapstyles (Tiramisu 3) even if they are in the correct directory. Dem, geocaches, cursors directories...
IT'S A NIGHTMARE. Ok, it's android 11, but there must be an easier way to do a fresh install.
[EDIT] Solved!  I realized that, after moving MapStyles to the correct directory, I have to re-start Oruxmaps app, in order to be able to recognize the files.

lneam

OruxMaps series 9 that support android 11 google working folder policy, lack the ability to move with one click all the working folder. Other similar apps can do this (locus)

example
https://i.postimg.cc/5NFGp5ND/Clipboard.jpg

matt

Haran,
when you connect your Android11 phone to a PC, don't you see the directory ./Android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate/files/oruxmaps/ ?
There you have the subdirectories dem, mapstyles, mapfiles, etc.

Matt

Haran

Hello, this night I solved the problem... using X-Plore File manager I'm able to see the directories.
I realized that, after moving MapStyles to the correct directory, I have to re-start Oruxmaps app, in order to be able to recognize the files.