Best solution for altitude correction

Started by ut, June 13, 2022, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ut

Hello,
I have done several tests and it seems to me that a acceptable  altitude correction of the recorded track
is obtained on Orux 9.0.3gp with the third option: apply the rounding filter - rounding radius 4

In global settings- sensor setting - gps I use: correction NMEA, smoth the altitude, use file DEM
Does anyone have other experiences or ideas  for smartphones without a barometric sensor ?
Thanks  :)

abq

I have made the same observation. It would be nice, if this could be implemented as an automatic correction, instead of manually correcting every track after recording. Using the built-in corrections still give way to much altitude difference.
I had used in parallel the old free version 7.4.x. In that version, the automatic altitude correctionj works well. So something must be different in the current GP version.
Regards,
Reiner

orux

Quote from: abq on July 07, 2023, 09:32:15 PM
I have made the same observation. It would be nice, if this could be implemented as an automatic correction, instead of manually correcting every track after recording. Using the built-in corrections still give way to much altitude difference.
I had used in parallel the old free version 7.4.x. In that version, the automatic altitude correctionj works well. So something must be different in the current GP version.
Regards,
Reiner
It is a complicated problem. In the past, the app did a final analysis by recalculating the altitudes, but many people did not like that in the end a different result was obtained than the one obtained during the tour.

I think I'll add the option, as an alternative, to recalculate altitudes at the end with a user-defined smoothing.

orux

abq

Hi José,
that would be great!
Yes, it´s true, the altitude gain always dropped with the "old" altitude correction after stopping recording. But with the current correction, the recorded value of the gain is to high, sometimes by 10 to 15%.
Reiner