storage in Android/obb (Android 11 issue)

Started by arrigoni, July 25, 2022, 10:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrigoni

Hi,
unfortunately Android 11 forces to write data (track, database etc.) in a private folder  Android/data/com.orux...
This cannot be accessed by other apps.
However, other similar apps like osmand have the possibility to write those datas in Android/obb/com.... 
(so called multiuser storage) . This directory can be accessed by other apps. 
It would be very useful (at least for me) if there was this option also for oruxmaps, since I use tasker to work with the files produced by oruxmaps.
Even simpler, but here I don't know if this is possible, why doesn't oruxmaps have the permission to access "files and media" (some apps have this permission) but just "media"?   The permission "files and media" allow to write on /sdcard/
Thanks a lot
Enrico

funkris

Salut, je pense qu'on est confronté au même souci, j'ai installé la dernière version via Gp, et depuis impossible d'accéder à mes cartes, traces, dem, qui sont sur ma carte sd......si tu as trouvé la solution, dis le moi, merci.

Krazkeks

I'm running into the same issue on Android 12. For ages I've been using this great app with older Android versions and have been syncing my tracklogs with the app "FolderSync" to a network share for backup purposes.

But there is no way to access saved tracks or copy new maps into the OruxMaps directory with an external app, not even with the Google file manager under Android 12.

Using a location that can be accesed/shared by other apps would be great.

Does Oruxmaps (I'm running 9.0.4GP from Goole Play Store) currently offer an alternative to at least automatically export finished tracks to a self managed service e.g. running on a linux machine? I.e. I do not want to upload to an external web service. The upload should be delayed in case of a temporaryly missing internet connection.

orux

Hello!

You can still make the app use the folders in any location, but you need to install an apk first. Read this:

https://www.oruxmaps.com/cs/en/blog/34-version-9-x-important-changes

orux