Problems logging in to my Orux account after new install

Started by elem089, August 26, 2022, 03:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elem089

Hi all,
had to re-install oruxMaps Donate on my device. I had good backups of preferences, track databases etc., so I'm almost happy. Only one thing is strange: trying to recreate my account is not possible:
Settings >> Manage account >> I am told that I'm not logged in (of course). I click "login" and accept the information.
The next dialog I try the "LOGIN" button, then click on "EMAIL".
Here I can choose from a selection of accounts but the list does not contain the email I used to create my orux account several years ago. I still have that mail address but it's not in the list to choose from.
One entry in that list is my orux username (elem089) but if I choose that I then am told "Error, not valid email account selected. Please select a email account from your accounts list"
So I click on the last entry "Add account".
That brings up a list of accounts to choose from, all reflected by some installed apps like messengers, Google, Outlook and some social apps. But no way to select or enter my mail address.

Next thing I tried was to try and register from scratch. Again I am asked to choose from the same list of accounts / emails, but "my" mail address is still not in the list. (instead, among others, there's a 10 digit number I've never seen before - where the *** does that come from???)

Next thing I tried was to edit my online profile right here from the forum and change my mail address to one that IS in that list (my gmail-address).
Next I tried to login using that gmail address but I receive an error toast message saying "22: Unlogged user (or wrong password)"
So maybe wrong password? Upon next attempt I clicked "forgot password". A second later a new password was sent out to me, i.e. to my gmail account.
So try again to login using my gmail address plus the password created and sent by orux, but still "22: Unlogged user (or wrong password)".
Last attempt was to again try and register a new account. Chose my gmail address, entered my password, plus additional data >> Continue: Result is another toast message "16: email already exists"

Can anyone please tell me how I can login to my account?

EDIT: sorry, a bit to fast to try the new password - I hadn't confirmed that password change. So I now can really login.
But the big question remains: why can't I login using any existing mail address?

orux

Hello!

The app reads the email accounts already loged in the device, for security reasons.

If you register your email account in Android, then the app will found that account and will be able to show it to you for selection.

orux

leyeti77

Hi, same issue
One phone Android 11 Oruxumaps last version but installed for at least 3 years; works fine
New phone Android 13, same lastest Orux version. My email adressed is used in Outlook, but not proposed when I try to Login. Any idea ?