multitracking user registration - connection error

Started by ralfhesse, January 03, 2017, 02:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralfhesse

I have spend some time trying to set up multitracking. On only one out of four devices I was able to register a new multitracking account. On the other devices, I keep getting errors (unable to connect with server) when trying to register an account. I tried with both WiFi and mobile (GSM) data connection. Internet connection was good, GPS was activated. I tried with the google email account with which the devices are associated as well as with other email accounts. Nothing worked. What could be the problem?

P.S.:

Registration did work on a phone running OruxMaps v.6.5.10.

Registration did not work on phones running OruxMaps v.5.5.22 and OruxMaps v.6.0.10.

P.S.2:

After updating Oruxmaps to v.6.5.10 on one device, I do get a server connection. However, I am not able to register a new user for that device because I can only use the email address associated with the device. Multitracking with several devices associated with one google email address seems to be impossible - or is there another solution?

P.S.3

I updated another device to Oruxmaps v.6.5.10. As a workaround, I created new google email accounts which I associated with the phones. Multitracking between the three devices running v.6.5.10 seems to work now. The remaining problem is the older phone running Oruxmaps v.5.5.22. which I can not update to a newer version.

orux

Quote from: "ralfhesse"I have spend some time trying to set up multitracking. On only one out of four devices I was able to register a new multitracking account. On the other devices, I keep getting errors (unable to connect with server) when trying to register an account. I tried with both WiFi and mobile (GSM) data connection. Internet connection was good, GPS was activated. I tried with the google email account with which the devices are associated as well as with other email accounts. Nothing worked. What could be the problem?

P.S.:

Registration did work on a phone running OruxMaps v.6.5.10.

Registration did not work on phones running OruxMaps v.5.5.22 and OruxMaps v.6.0.10.

P.S.2:

After updating Oruxmaps to v.6.5.10 on one device, I do get a server connection. However, I am not able to register a new user for that device because I can only use the email address associated with the device. Multitracking with several devices associated with one google email address seems to be impossible - or is there another solution?

P.S.3

I updated another device to Oruxmaps v.6.5.10. As a workaround, I created new google email accounts which I associated with the phones. Multitracking between the three devices running v.6.5.10 seems to work now. The remaining problem is the older phone running Oruxmaps v.5.5.22. which I can not update to a newer version.

Hello,

sorry, but the versions < 6.5 try to connect with an old server that is not working.

orux

ralfhesse

Thanks for the information. Is there any way to redirect the server request to the new server?

orux

Quote from: "ralfhesse"Thanks for the information. Is there any way to redirect the server request to the new server?

Sorry, but not from the app.

You can do it if you have a rooted device, and you know a bit about linux.

orux

Joska

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "ralfhesse"Thanks for the information. Is there any way to redirect the server request to the new server?

Sorry, but not from the app.

You can do it if you have a rooted device, and you know a bit about linux.

orux

How to solve this problem?

Best regards, Joska

kerekjoe

using newer orux version?

Joska

Quote from: "kerekjoe"using newer orux version?

Does not help. Stored registration values, no button to change....

Best regards, Joska