Changing to 'Donate' version of Oruxmaps

Started by twoten, February 14, 2017, 09:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoten

Hi,

Having installed the 'Donate' version of Oruxmaps, is there anything I need to move or copy over from the free version before uninstalling or can I uninstall the free version without losing tracks, maps and settings?

Thanks,

Keith.

orux

Quote from: "twoten"Hi,

Having installed the 'Donate' version of Oruxmaps, is there anything I need to move or copy over from the free version before uninstalling or can I uninstall the free version without losing tracks, maps and settings?

Thanks,

Keith.

Hello,

Sorry for this delay;

You can create a new profile, using your current settings, then save the profile to the storage, then restore that proflie in the new version/other phone.

orux

twoten

Quote from: "orux"
You can create a new profile, using your current settings, then save the profile to the storage, then restore that proflie in the new version/other phone.

orux

Both installations are on the same phone. Once I have updated the profile in the donate app can I uninstall the free version without it deleting maps and tracks?

twoten

Having looked into this further it appears the profile is stored under Phone/Oruxmaps/preferences/4.2.

The free app creates the folder structure Samsung Galaxy S7CardAndroiddatacom.orux.oruxmaps

Whereas the donate app creates Samsung Galaxy S7CardAndroiddatacom.orux.oruxmapsDonate

The user profile is picking up the storage from the older storage location but this is getting a bit untidy.

Am I better to move my files into the newly created location? Is it possible to create the storage in the root of the storage card rather than CardAndroiddata?

If I uninstall the free version will it remove the com.orux.oruxmaps file and files contained within?

Where is the optimum place to store map files, tracks and mapstyles; the phone or storage card?

Thanks for the help,

Keith.

orux

Quote from: "twoten"Having looked into this further it appears the profile is stored under Phone/Oruxmaps/preferences/4.2.

The free app creates the folder structure Samsung Galaxy S7CardAndroiddatacom.orux.oruxmaps

Whereas the donate app creates Samsung Galaxy S7CardAndroiddatacom.orux.oruxmapsDonate

The user profile is picking up the storage from the older storage location but this is getting a bit untidy.

Am I better to move my files into the newly created location? Is it possible to create the storage in the root of the storage card rather than CardAndroiddata?

If I uninstall the free version will it remove the com.orux.oruxmaps file and files contained within?

Where is the optimum place to store map files, tracks and mapstyles; the phone or storage card?

Thanks for the help,

Keith.

Hello,

If you backup your proflies using OruxMaps, the information is stored under Phone/Oruxmaps/preferences/4.2/ with any version of the app. Then you need to restore the backups, and the app will copy the files to the private folder (it is a different folder for each version). In this way you can use the same settings with any version.

If you uninstall the free version, the folder Samsung Galaxy S7CardAndroiddatacom.orux.oruxmaps will be deleted with all the content!

With the problems with removable storage, I think it is best to have everything in the internal storage, since the app can read/write without problems.

In any case, if you want to move something to external storage, move only the maps.

orux