bug on oruxmaps 7

Started by hbrehm, February 25, 2017, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbrehm

I work with a 3,5 year old Smartphone with Android 4.0. I use andromaps (mapforge) offline and mapsforge theme Elevate. Since I use oruxmaps 7 (really good new features) I have following problem:

I can only watch parts of the map on the screen. If I am scrolling parts of the map parts are missing (only grey screen even when I wait for a longer time). However you can see the loaden track. I don't know wether this is a bug or if my Smartphone is too slow (it works very well with Version 6.5.)

Oruxmaps is a real fantastic app!

rck966

had the same problem. under maps/map settings i reset the raster cache. started showing the map again. give it a few seconds when you look at the map again-it takes a little time to reload all the info.

hbrehm

Quote from: "rck966"had the same problem. under maps/map settings i reset the raster cache. started showing the map again. give it a few seconds when you look at the map again-it takes a little time to reload all the info.

Thank you, unfortunately it didn't help. I returned to Oruxmaps 6.5.10.  On my newer Smartphone with Android 5.1 everxthing works well with Oruxmaps 7

chilobo

I do have similar problems on a Samsung I9105P with OpenAndromaps, Android 4.2.2.

Rendering maps seems way slower than before, sometimes Oruxmaps freezes for more than 30 s, during our hike today Oruxmaps 7.02 donate crashed 2 times.

How do you switch back to an older donate version?

Haran

I have the same problem with Oruxmaps 7.0.2 and Sony Ericsson Xperia Active

orux

Quote from: "Haran"I have the same problem with Oruxmaps 7.0.2 and Sony Ericsson Xperia Active

Hello;

are you using an old version of the map? Download the latest version of the mapsforge map.

If it is a recent downloaded map, tell me which map,

orux

hbrehm

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "Haran"I have the same problem with Oruxmaps 7.0.2 and Sony Ericsson Xperia Active

Hello;

are you using an old version of the map? Download the latest version of the mapsforge map.

If it is a recent downloaded map, tell me which map,

orux

Hello,

I'm using maps  dated on 11.2016. It doesn't matter if i use the map of South Germany, or Italy, or Alps....

kerékjoe

on my 4.2 phone working well untill with 6.5 versions (but the newer sw loading slower and slower the mapsforge maps - osm, omp, tuhu)

the 7.0 versions (google play) not load every tiles (not slow), when scrolling map

(it seems only 1, or two tiles can be show in same time...)

raster, and online maps loading is perfect.

on android 4.4 tab no any problem

radioman57

Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3, OruxMaps 7.0.2, latest OpenAndroMaps, Elevate theme.

Yes, it does take a little bit longer to fill the screen when panning around. But even with hill shading on (wow, this looks great) it is still acceptable for me. Will definitely stay with 7.0.2.

Markus

Haran

I returned to v. 6.5 on Xperia Active. The phone is too slow and has too small memory in order to run v. 7.0X.

hbrehm

In the meantime I also think, that some older Smartphones are too slow to work correctly with Oruxmaps 7. It's a pitty, because usually it's a good idea to use an older Smartphone für biking...

Haran

Xperia Active, i.e., is also too slow with Oruxmaps 6.5, when I set Tiramisu 3.0  mapsforge theme.

orux

Hello,

http://oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2524">//http://oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2524

orux

hbrehm

with Oruxmaps 7.05 it seems to work well again , even with my weak Smartphone (after a short test)

thanks a lot for all developers

Haran

7.0.5 is  ok! Fantastic! Thank you Orux!!!