Where are waypoints and trucks stored

Started by Cooks86, February 10, 2023, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooks86

I've changed sd cards but I thought the waypoints and tracks were saved in Orux Maps. What is root directory path that they are stored on?
Thanks for any assistance,.

Juanjo

They are stored in a file named oruxmapstracks.db located in the folder defined in 'Settings - App storage - Routes, tracks directory'

LaurentG

Maybe Juanjo's answer is correct in rev 9 (ie. GP version), I don't know, but in the "free" version 7.4.26, oruxmapstracks.db is always stored in oruxmaps/tracklogs directory in phone memory (and never on the SD card) whatever the folder defined in settings.

Juanjo

QuoteMaybe Juanjo's answer is correct in rev 9 (ie. GP version), I don't know, but in the "free" version 7.4.26, oruxmapstracks.db is always stored in oruxmaps/tracklogs directory in phone memory (and never on the SD card) whatever the folder defined in settings.

Hi Laurent,

you are perfectly right, it is also true in GP version. The reason is: Android does not allow apps to store SQLite databases on external storage.
I always forget it because I do not have an SD card.

@Cooks86

as Laurent say, you have to look for that file in the folder located in internal storage

LaurentG

No, the "problem" is not linked to any Android limitation.
I have an quite old smartphone, with a old version of Android : v7, and limitations of android come only with more recent versions.

But whatever the selected folder is on the SD card or in internal memory, the oruxmapstracks.db is NOT stored in the selected folder. The "Route/Tracks drectory" selected in settings is ONLY used for exports of tracks and Routes.
Not for the "internal" database that remains always in the same place, whatever folder defined in settings.

This at least in v7.4.26