Android 7.1 browsing under /storage/emulated impossible

Started by sergiom75, March 09, 2017, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergiom75

Good morning,

yesterday, I changed my smartphone, on this new is installed Android 7.1. With my last phone I used an sdcard where inside a folder named Oruxmaps I saved everything about the app (maps, tracks...). With disappointment, I see that in Android 7.1 isn't possible to use this folder but I must save everything inside another path android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files, aren't you?

The problem is that during the change of the path inside the Global Settings, for example during the change of Maps folder, is impossible browse under root/storage/emulated. The strange thing is that just I open the Global Settings I see the path /storage/emulated/0/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ under Maps --> Maps folder, and if I click on it I can browse inside the 0 folder, but if I move one level up it, in emulated folder, after is impossible browse inside it. To click on Root produces a "Can no access" message, while on self and emulated folders it doesn't nothing. The only thing that is accessible is 75E9-B3A8 folder, the sdcard.

Please, if possible help me. I use the smartphone with Oruxmaps mainly and this is a big problem for me.

Waiting your considerations, I wish you a nice day.

Sergio

orux

Quote from: "sergiom75"Good morning,

yesterday, I changed my smartphone, on this new is installed Android 7.1. With my last phone I used an sdcard where inside a folder named Oruxmaps I saved everything about the app (maps, tracks...). With disappointment, I see that in Android 7.1 isn't possible to use this folder but I must save everything inside another path android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files, aren't you?

The problem is that during the change of the path inside the Global Settings, for example during the change of Maps folder, is impossible browse under root/storage/emulated. The strange thing is that just I open the Global Settings I see the path /storage/emulated/0/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ under Maps --> Maps folder, and if I click on it I can browse inside the 0 folder, but if I move one level up it, in emulated folder, after is impossible browse inside it. To click on Root produces a "Can no access" message, while on self and emulated folders it doesn't nothing. The only thing that is accessible is 75E9-B3A8 folder, the sdcard.

Please, if possible help me. I use the smartphone with Oruxmaps mainly and this is a big problem for me.

Waiting your considerations, I wish you a nice day.

Sergio

Hello,

you should be able to use the path /storage/75E9-B3A8/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files/ if you want to store maps/tracks,... into removable sdcard.

but take care, because if you uninstall OruxMaps, that folder will be deleted automatically by android.

orux

sergiom75

Thank you very much for a your quick reply, I understand your post. Sorry but you only replied  to first part of my post. I found a problem that I think that it is a bug. If you go to root/storage/emulated and you click on emulated isn't possible to browse under this folder. I checked this behavior with a my friend with Android 6.0 and the problem is the same.

Example: if you go to Global Settings -- > Maps --> Maps folder you can see that the default path is /storage/emulated/0/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ If you click on it you can browse inside the folders to the folder 0, but if I move one level up it, in emulated folder, after is impossible browse inside it.

What do you think about this?

Thank you!!

Sergio

orux

Quote from: "sergiom75"Thank you very much for a your quick reply, I understand your post. Sorry but you only replied  to first part of my post. I found a problem that I think that it is a bug. If you go to root/storage/emulated and you click on emulated isn't possible to browse under this folder. I checked this behavior with a my friend with Android 6.0 and the problem is the same.

Example: if you go to Global Settings -- > Maps --> Maps folder you can see that the default path is /storage/emulated/0/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ If you click on it you can browse inside the folders to the folder 0, but if I move one level up it, in emulated folder, after is impossible browse inside it.

What do you think about this?

Thank you!!

Sergio

The built in file browser can navigate onle where android allow it.

You usually can go to sdcard (the internal storage) through the path Root/sdcard/

orux

Joska

Quote from: "orux"

The built in file browser can navigate onle where android allow it.

You usually can go to sdcard (the internal storage) through the path Root/sdcard/

orux

Hello Orux

I think, I understand, what Sergio has written about. There ist a problem in OM since a lot OF versions: if you tap on a path in configuration-menu, and jumping up above level..., it is impossible to change to a true path again. If yOu jump up to level root, the path inside the configuration-menu is cleared to \, followed bei an CAN'T ACCESS Error and no further path can be found.

At this point, it is an OneWay, a point of no return.

If I try to userootsoragec2d1-90a1datenoruxmapsdem , using a fileexplorer, I see all HGT-files, OM says, folder is empty.....

If, at this moment, I want to change the path to the internal folder, I can jump up to rootstorage but from no on  it is impossible to find the internal DEM-folder. I see the c2d1.... and emulated, but click on emulated is followed by OM cannot write... and no more path can be choosen, there are no more folders shown.

I.e. The phone is rooted....

Regards, Joska

AdolfoBarragan

Yo también tengo el mismo problema. He instalado la versión 7.0.x de Oruxmax en un teléfono con Android 7.1 y no consigo ver la carpeta Oruxmaps (ni sus subcarpetas). Ni desde el teléfono con el explorador de Android ni desde el PC con el explorador de Windows.

He tenido que realizar un downgrade a la versión 6.5 para poder acceder a las carpetas de oruxmaps tanto en el teléfono como en el PC.

Parece que la nueva versión del programa se instala en alguna zona protegida.

==================================================

I have the same problem too. I installed Oruxmax version 7.0.x on an Android 7.1 phone and I can not see the Oruxmaps folder (or its subfolders). Neither from phone with Android browser nor from PC with Windows explorer.

I have had to downgrade to version 6.5 to be able to access the oruxmaps folders on both phone and PC.

It seems that the new version of the program is installed in some protected area.

schäfer

I have also changed my phone to a samsung xcover 4 with android 7 and after installing oruxmaps i had the same problems.

On my phone the solution i found was :

1. install oruxmaps in the normal way

2. go to the phone settings -> apps -> OruxMaps and there change the settings for the memory from internal to external memory. android is working for a while and after that you find that there is a new directory on the external sdcard like android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files. I think this step is necessary because oruxmaps has now read/write access to this new folders.

In my case the folders i have created first on the sdcard by hand are gone and substituted by the empty folders created by android.

3. start oruxmaps and set the storage for maps, waypoint... to root/storage/9016-4EF8/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files/mapfiles...

On you phone the sdcard could named in an other way as on mine 9016-4EF8

Hope this solve your problem.

By the way : on my phone this solution is working for the mapfiles, waypoints, tracks but NOT for the folder "pictures". If you want to cr4eate a photewaypoint, the camera has no access to this filder. But this the next problem i am workin on.