BT Cadence monitor dropping out / showing zero

Started by AndyG, May 31, 2023, 10:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyG

Hi

I have been using the app for years and can honestly say it is the best app on my phone.

Until recently I have connected my cycling sensors via Ant+ with no issues.

Having recently changed my phone to a "Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra" I no longer have Ant+ (I didn't realise that until it was too late!) and so I have had to change to Bluetooth.

My heart rate monitor and power meter connect no issue and show consistent readings.

My cadence meter connects and shows a reading but after a few seconds (usually somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds) it shows "0". It then stays on "0" for a while, maybe up to a minute or two then shows a reading again for a few seconds, then back to "0" again. The "tracked" data has the same dropouts. Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

The Power and Cadence Data are coming from a "Stages Power & Cadence (generation 3) left hand crank arm".

I have tried conecting to the Stages App and IPSensor Manager App. Both apps give a consistent and continues reading for both power and cadence and so I am fairly sure that the crank arm is functioning as it should and that the issue relates to something in Orux.

I have searched all the menus but I can't find much to change.

I have obviously already tried uninstalling and resetting the phone and changing the battery etc.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy