Actual segments names not displayed

Started by Kapok, June 27, 2023, 03:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapok

Hello,

First of all I'd like to thanks Mr Vaszquez for his incredible work.

I'm wondering why oruxmaps doesn't properly show the names of the segments. I'm using this gpx file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZ7QUOml3W3ewZas4qiuhX9sCDiPPygb/view?usp=drive_link
that uses this format "  <trk>
    <name>HRP Section 1</name>". However Oruxmaps uses generic names instead (segment 1 / 2 /3 etc). Why ?

Also I'm wondering if there is a way to measure a distance & altitude along the track/route instead of between 2 points connected by a straight line as currently ? It would be very useful.

Last thing I liked the "old" track page better because with the new one I can only see 3 tracks without scrolling (and I think for most of us, "type" and "difficulty" are almost always undefined, so it's cluttering the screen for nothing). Also I think for the sake of simplicity, a simple tap on a track without any tracks "checked" should open the track in the map viewer.

Thanks a lot for this great app !

Kapok

QuoteAlso I'm wondering if there is a way to measure a distance & altitude along the track/route instead of between 2 points connected by a straight line as currently ? It would be very useful.
I just realized that this function does exist, I'm surprised no one told me :p It's called "measure distances" in track/route tools. It even gives elapsed time if the route has timing data :) I don't think it should take into account the distance from the point to the track though (the straight lines). That would also avoid giving an inappropriate elapsed time in those cases.

I also discovered the "advanced meter" tool but it doesn't give total elevation data (even with dem files ofc). So this tool is a bit useless in the mountains unfortunately. 

I'm still wondering why oruxmaps doesn't show actual segments names (see my previous post).

Thanks.