Batch of questions - Navigation to Start, Cursor Color, Altitude Graph, Heatm...

Started by G_flow, July 07, 2023, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juanjo

QuoteI did what you said but I don't see the maps that I wanna use on the list that opens, once I press the plus sign.

The maps I wanna use:

- Offline map
- Online satellite map
- Online Strava heatmap

That's strange, the Strava HeatMap that you added should be there as well as other online and offline maps.
Can you please attach a screenshot?

Tronpo

Quote from: G_flow on July 18, 2023, 02:47:07 PM
So I'm happy to update that I've managed to deal with the heatmap, that's great, thx!

About the transparent issue:

I did what you said but I don't see the maps that I wanna use on the list that opens, once I press the plus sign.

The maps I wanna use:

- Offline map
- Online satellite map
- Online Strava heatmap

Maybe this will help you 👇

http://tronpoonpo.blogspot.com/2021/07/mapas-compuestos.html

You can translate the blog into your language 👇
https://youtu.be/3TsnSIekCXc

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

G_flow

Quote from: Juanjo on July 18, 2023, 04:30:05 PM
This can already be done using custom cursors as I explained you here:
As an example, copy the attached file to the cursors directory on your device, then goto 'Settings - User interface - Cursor' and touch GPS cursor, a list will open containing the 2 builtin cursors and the new one 'North arrow blue'.
BTW, unlike what i said in another post, this cursor will rotate to show the direction you are moving to. To work properly the arrow on the original png must point to the North.

Thank you, I've managed to implement the North arrow blue.png (Also removed the white background). But now I have both arrows displayed - the new blue arrow and the red arrow. When recording/following, the blue arrow is always in a second delay than the red one. I want it to replace completely the red (default) arrow. Please see the attached pictures.

G_flow

Quote from: G_flow on July 18, 2023, 02:50:33 PM
I see, I wish the feature of changing the cursor size and color be implemented soon, sometimes when I navigate the cursor is too small for me and the path on the map is red, which makes it all difficult.

Where can I purpose that to the developers?

Sure, see 3 screenshots:

1. The screen I see once I press the + sign.
2. My offline maps screen.
3. My online maps screen.

Juanjo

QuoteThank you, I've managed to implement the North arrow blue.png (Also removed the white background). But now I have both arrows displayed - the new blue arrow and the red arrow. When recording/following, the blue arrow is always in a second delay than the red one. I want it to replace completely the red (default) arrow. Please see the attached pictures.

you assigned the blue arrow to the map center marker, you should assign it to the GPS marker instead.

Juanjo

QuoteSure, see 3 screenshots:

1. The screen I see once I press the + sign.
2. My offline maps screen.
3. My online maps screen.

on the first screenshot you must click the button next to 'COMPOSITE MAP', a dialog will open where you can compose your map.

G_flow

Quote from: Juanjo on July 23, 2023, 06:53:11 PM
on the first screenshot you must click the button next to 'COMPOSITE MAP', a dialog will open where you can compose your map.

Thank you, @Juanjo, both your solutions (cursor issue and composite map) worked for me.

G_flow

Quote from: Juanjo on July 18, 2023, 04:33:37 PM
That's strange, the Strava HeatMap that you added should be there as well as other online and offline maps.
Can you please attach a screenshot?

Hello, I managed to implement the Strava Heatmap. I have an issue, when I'm zooming in it, the map disappears and I left with my GPS single only. Please see the screenshots attached. We'll appreciate any help.

G_flow

Quote from: G_flow on July 23, 2023, 03:32:57 PM
Thank you, I've managed to implement the North arrow blue.png (Also removed the white background). But now I have both arrows displayed - the new blue arrow and the red arrow. When recording/following, the blue arrow is always in a second delay than the red one. I want it to replace completely the red (default) arrow. Please see the attached pictures.

Hi I have questions about the cursor, please see the file attached, we'll be glad to have your assistance guys, thank you!

Juanjo

QuoteHello, I managed to implement the Strava Heatmap. I have an issue, when I'm zooming in it, the map disappears and I left with my GPS single only. Please see the screenshots attached. We'll appreciate any help.

this is because the max zoom of tiles served by strava-heatmap.tiles.freemap.sk is 16. You can adjust the <maxzoom> tag of that map on your custom onlinemapsources.xml, that way oruxmaps will know that it shouldn't request tiles for higher zooms.

BTW, as the tiles background is transparent, Strava Heatmap is a perfect candidate for a composite map. You can, for example, put it on top of OSM and use the composite, that way on zooms above 16 the heat map will disappear but the OSM base will still display

Juanjo

QuoteHi I have questions about the cursor, please see the file attached, we'll be glad to have your assistance guys, thank you!

- to mask the line: see 'Settings - User interface - Tracks/Routes/Lines/Letter sizes.../ - Line to last position'
- about the view angle: IT IS already attached to the map center, in your picture it seems you want to attach it to the GPS position, that's not possible.

G_flow

Quote from: Juanjo on July 27, 2023, 01:56:25 PM
- to mask the line: see 'Settings - User interface - Tracks/Routes/Lines/Letter sizes.../ - Line to last position'
- about the view angle: IT IS already attached to the map center, in your picture it seems you want to attach it to the GPS position, that's not possible.

Got it, thank you. Btw, is there a strava heatmap that shows only bicycle activity? I guess the heatmap code that was published here was all type of sport.

LaurentG

For various heatmaps, in the URL, there are two parameters ("all" and "hot" in the example provided above)
The first parameter can be
  all (ie. all tracks, whatever the sport)
  ride (ie. bike)
  run (ie. hike and running)
  water (ie. water sports)
  winter (ie. skiing and other winter sports)

The second parameter can be
  hot
  blue
  purple
  gray
  bluered
and acts on tracks color.

Personnally, my preferred "color" is bluered that better "filters" tracks and do not show very rarely used tracks, but focus only on tracks above a minimum level of usage, and have a color varying from blue to red depending on usage level (low usage in blue, high usage in red)

G_flow

Quote from: LaurentG on July 30, 2023, 01:36:41 PM
For various heatmaps, in the URL, there are two parameters ("all" and "hot" in the example provided above)
The first parameter can be
  all (ie. all tracks, whatever the sport)
  ride (ie. bike)
  run (ie. hike and running)
  water (ie. water sports)
  winter (ie. skiing and other winter sports)

The second parameter can be
  hot
  blue
  purple
  gray
  bluered
and acts on tracks color.

Personnally, my preferred "color" is bluered that better "filters" tracks and do not show very rarely used tracks, but focus only on tracks above a minimum level of usage, and have a color varying from blue to red depending on usage level (low usage in blue, high usage in red)

Thank you, @LaurentG, now after setting my custom map to "ride" and "bluered", I wonder if I can add another heatmap, for example, run&bluered. So I could instantly switch between those maps.  Now on my custommap folder, I have only one file, onlinemapsources.xml, being set with ride&bluered and mentioned.

LaurentG

Quote from: G_flow on August 04, 2023, 09:49:41 AM
... I wonder if I can add another heatmap, for example, run&bluered...

Yes, of course.
You only have to duplicate all the lines relative to this map in onlinemapsources.xml (only one onlinemapsources.xml file, with all lines defining the map repeated in the same file)

Actually, not exactly "duplicate", since
- parameter will be different in both paragraphs according to your need (run vs. ride)
- but also uid=... (in 1st line of each map definition) has to be different (actually, all maps defined in onlinemapsources.xml must have a unique uid)
- and also <name>....</name>  has to be unique as well (actually, I'm not 100% sure it has "technically" to be unique, but at least to allow you to identify uniquely the map in the list....)