Cannot create Offline maps any more

Started by p22, April 06, 2017, 09:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p22

Hello,

I used to create offline maps in previous versions, but now I can't. I installed the latest Oruxmaps update over the Playstore on my Samsung Note 2 (GT-N7100) with Android 4.4.2. I'm planning a week of hiking near Tarifa, Andalucía. So I loaded the Online Map "Mapa Raster IGN (ES) (ONLINE)" and zoomed to Tarifa in the very south of Spain. I select "Offline-Karte hier" (it's the german version, I guess something like "Offline map here" in the english version), and then only appears the message: "Keine weiteren Karten für aktuelle Position" (No further maps for current position).

It's the same with other maps, in other regions.

Am I making some kind of mistake, or is it a bug?

Peter

orux

Quote from: "p22"Hello,

I used to create offline maps in previous versions, but now I can't. I installed the latest Oruxmaps update over the Playstore on my Samsung Note 2 (GT-N7100) with Android 4.4.2. I'm planning a week of hiking near Tarifa, Andalucía. So I loaded the Online Map "Mapa Raster IGN (ES) (ONLINE)" and zoomed to Tarifa in the very south of Spain. I select "Offline-Karte hier" (it's the german version, I guess something like "Offline map here" in the english version), and then only appears the message: "Keine weiteren Karten für aktuelle Position" (No further maps for current position).

It's the same with other maps, in other regions.

Am I making some kind of mistake, or is it a bug?

Peter

Hello,

the map creator tool is under 'map tools'; the option that you click is to select an offline map at your current position,

orux