Issues with Lateral Dashboard in Landscape Mode

Started by becool, August 31, 2023, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

becool

Hello,

I recently switched to a new phone. Both the old and the new phone are Xiaomi phones, running MIUI and I have migrated Orux to the new phone, but the behavior is different.

In the settings...

• I have selected "Landscape" in Settings>Application>"Automatic Rotation".
  • I have enabled the lateral dashboard (at Settings>UI>Dashboard)
But the dashboard on the right is not shown. Even when I press the corresponding button I get the message "lateral dashboard not available with the current orientation". I get this independent from the Android lock screen setting. On the old phone everything works.

Best regards,
Ben

becool

Is there anything I could do to enable the lateral dashboard again in landscape mode? It was such a great feature.

Edit: Just tried again.

• Option "Lateral dashboard" is activated
  • "Automatic Rotation" is set to "Auto"
  • Rotation is not locked in Android settings.
  • When now switching the phone to landscape, no lateral dashboard appears.
  • Added also the button "lateral dashboard" to the screen. But when pressing "lateral dashboard not available with the current orientation" appears.

Edit 2: Also uninstalled and installed again, no difference. Version 10.5.0

orux

Quote from: becool on March 17, 2024, 08:25:30 AM
Is there anything I could do to enable the lateral dashboard again in landscape mode? It was such a great feature.

Edit: Just tried again.

• Option "Lateral dashboard" is activated
  • "Automatic Rotation" is set to "Auto"
  • Rotation is not locked in Android settings.
  • When now switching the phone to landscape, no lateral dashboard appears.
  • Added also the button "lateral dashboard" to the screen. But when pressing "lateral dashboard not available with the current orientation" appears.
Edit 2: Also uninstalled and installed again, no difference. Version 10.5.0
Strange...

Device model and Android version?

orux

becool

POCO F5
Android version 14, but was the same with version 13.

becool

By switching profiles, I get it some times to work in my "bicycle" profile. But not reproducible.

And I also had now the lateral dashboard in the portrait orientation.

Tronpo

Quote from: becool on March 22, 2024, 07:27:49 AM
By switching profiles, I get it some times to work in my "bicycle" profile. But not reproducible.

And I also had now the lateral dashboard in the portrait orientation.

Hello, have you tried to create a new profile from the factory one, (not from default), I have experienced that the profiles get corrupted and Stuff  that have always worked stop working, creating a new profile from the factory and configuring I have fixed many errors...
It's not clear why.

becool

No, unfortunately that doesn't help. I deleted all data and started all over. Same behaviour.

orux

Hello!

It should work, unless any interference with multi-window modeor in picture-in-picture mode.

Do you have any setting related to those modes in your Android device?

orux