Offline Maps stored on Sd memory card?

Started by Explorer, April 14, 2017, 05:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explorer

Is anyone having success storing their offline multi-layer maps on the memory card for their phone or tablet?  When I change the General Settings to read the memory card for Offline maps, Oruxmaps does not see the maps; sd card://oruxmaps/mapfiles.

Per the Oruxmaps Manual v7.0, on page 24, it discusses saving Offline maps to a memory card and indicates it should work.

Anyone have any suggestions to get this to work?

joez

I've been able to add maps but found it necessary to touch the refresh button to make the new map visible. While looking at the offline map sources, that would be the icon at the top with the two arrows going anti-clockwise.

Explorer

Thanks, joez.  I have tried refreshing the maps and also completely closed Oruxmaps and reopened it and the maps still don't appear that are stored on the Sd card.

realeasy

Hi Joez,

a guess - you use Android 6.0 or higher on your phone/tablet?

If so, you have to deal with the conditions of the operating system.

That means, that you can not "really" get direct acces with OruxMaps to data, you've stored directly on the SD-Card [external sd-card] before.

There is a work around for android 6 (and higher).

Some apps may create and write to their own folder, which can be found within the "internal storage".

As far as I understand, OruxMaps can't read the mapfiles you copy there. For Oruxmaps you have to choose the external storage in a specific way. It looks like this -> 3618-5963[my sd-card in explorer]/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate/file/mapfiles

In this folder you can copy your mapfiles manually. After that, you have to choose exactly these folder in the corresponding OruxMaps-options.

Good luck

xdelore

Hi,

new oruxmap user ...

I am lost.

Can't create offline maps.

I can't see the same folder structure in the config tab of oruxmaps than on the explorer....

In oruxmaps I see: Root/sdcard/oruxmaps/mapfiles

In explorer: I have put extra .rmap file in "Oruxmaps/mapfiles".

But seems this is not the same structure. "Root/sdcard" do not get me to the sdcard...

Also something strange is event if I change the folder structure for the offline maps in oruxmaps I can still see the by default "world" map in the available offline map.

I have android 6.0...

thanks

xavier

xdelore

problem solve :)

Gheroppa

Hi

I would like to put the maps in the SD card to have them off-line without occupying the memory of the phone but also by inserting the MAP file in the  folder explained above, namely: XXX-YYY  Card  Android  data  com.orux.oruxmaps  files  mapfiles When in the options I indicate, this folder indicates it is empty! :o  :(

I use a Samsung S5 that has Android 6.0.1.

thank you :)

realeasy

Quote from: "Gheroppa"Hi

.... namely: XXX-YYY  Card  Android  data  com.orux.oruxmaps  files  mapfiles

The "Card" is to much.

It has to look like this: storage/4582-8962/Android/data/com.orux....

My explanation with the [] was only an example of the numbers of my SD-Card.