Problems with changing folders for maps, tracklogs, mapstyle, dem

Started by starbright, April 15, 2017, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starbright

The 7.0.5 but also previous versions have some problems to recognise folder changes.

It happens that with few changes and reboots the map folder on SDcard was supported - but not tracklogs.

Not sure what is the problem with that. Maybe there is a need to flush cache or do a reset to make the new folders valid.

I highly recommend instead of adjusting each an every folder (maps, dem, tracklogs ....) to adjust one base folder.

So the location of an oruxmaps folder and all other foldernames are fixed to this (as in the default setup).

Imho it makes no sense to have one part of folders in internal data and some in external (sdcard). Usually this option is required for devices with less internal memory.

Don't you this this might be useful? A short feedback is welcome, just to see it is not posted into black whole ;)

hartje

I have a similar problem:

OruxMaps 7.0.2 and 7.0.5 from the http://www.oruxmaps.com">http://www.oruxmaps.com downloaded and installed on cyanogenmod 12.1 (Android 6.0.1 rooted) does "forget" every restart of OM every configuration, which has been made during the last use. -- The Om starts with a "1. start configuration dialog".

any help to avoid this configuration dialog for the already configured "everything" including the use of external maps would be appreciated.

Thanks.

starbright

Somewhat dissapointing. More than 75 users read that, just one comment.

Am I the only one having not enough internal memory to hold all maps and stuff?

Mhh. Maybe this is because it has to be setup just once, and if it is done, it works.

But I would guess a lot of newbies would went away, facing off this problems.

I am using OM now for a few years and don't want to miss it.

orux

Quote from: "starbright"Somewhat dissapointing. More than 75 users read that, just one comment.

Am I the only one having not enough internal memory to hold all maps and stuff?

Mhh. Maybe this is because it has to be setup just once, and if it is done, it works.

But I would guess a lot of newbies would went away, facing off this problems.

I am using OM now for a few years and don't want to miss it.

Hello;

It is not so easy;

The file access system (SAF) has changed a lot in android; it is different for kitkat, lollipop and after.

The app uses several databases, which can not be in the sd card, because the SAF does not allow access to these files in writing mode, only to normal files.

The directories are different because you can share some of them with other apps, so they are configured in an individualized way.

However, I am trying to allow you to carry to the SD card all (as much as possible) in one setting.

orux

starbright

I understand.

Also the argument with sharing of files - that's way it is good to communicate.

Thanks for your work!

One other comment (just my opinion):

It is strange, that none of the default buttons on screen is to set the actual GPS position to the middle of the map.

6745th@web.de

There is a button,

"GPS tracking on/off"

(Looks like a finger)

If set to  on,map jumps after 10 sec to you're position.(configurable in the map settings)

You can force that by pressing twice. (Off->on)

The current state you see in the statusbar top left

I hope this helps, nice Weekend.