How to prevent the screen from switching off during following a track

Started by christian_koelle, May 27, 2017, 09:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christian_koelle

I was 3 hours on a road bike on unknown roads.

I used ORUX for the first time with offline maps and a gpx-Track: it works perfectly, except for the fact that I had to hit the  Standby-button every minute as the screen switched off every minute.

Here is what I have

• Fairphone 2 with Android 6.0.1

Here is what I did before the trip

• I switched to offline mode
    • I set the standby timeout to 30minutes in the android system settings
    • I set the unlock mode to 'none', so that I do not have to type in my PIN all the time
    • I switched off energy saving mode

Some considerations

• My phone switches the display off disregarding the standby timeout settings, no matter what application I use. So I assume that switching the display off is something different compared to standby.

• There is an ORUX system setting to disable the switching off of the screen whist in track recording mode: This might do the trick, but I do not want to record a track. So I could open up a change request?
    • I have no issues with battery draining: I drove 3 hours, chilled 3 hours and my phone had a battery content of over 50%.

What do you think?

• Is the screen switching off a bug of the OS or my phone in particular?

• Thanks for any hint and comment in advance

Christian

• orux

Quote from: "christian_koelle"I was 3 hours on a road bike on unknown roads.

I used ORUX for the first time with offline maps and a gpx-Track: it works perfectly, except for the fact that I had to hit the  Standby-button every minute as the screen switched off every minute.

Here is what I have

• Fairphone 2 with Android 6.0.1

Here is what I did before the trip

• I switched to offline mode
    • I set the standby timeout to 30minutes in the android system settings
    • I set the unlock mode to 'none', so that I do not have to type in my PIN all the time
    • I switched off energy saving mode

Some considerations

• My phone switches the display off disregarding the standby timeout settings, no matter what application I use. So I assume that switching the display off is something different compared to standby.

• There is an ORUX system setting to disable the switching off of the screen whist in track recording mode: This might do the trick, but I do not want to record a track. So I could open up a change request?
    • I have no issues with battery draining: I drove 3 hours, chilled 3 hours and my phone had a battery content of over 50%.

What do you think?

• Is the screen switching off a bug of the OS or my phone in particular?

• Thanks for any hint and comment in advance

Christian

• Hello,

OruxMaps option to keep the display on only works in recording track mode. But may be I change that option, and it will work following a route.

Meanwhile you can record the track, then delelete it from database.

orux