All recorded tracks disappeared

Started by peto2006, January 13, 2024, 04:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peto2006

Hello,

all my recorded tracks are missing from the app. Here is what I know:

• I've migrated from internal storage to SD card recently using OruxMaps app.
  • After migration I might have replaced the folder by copying over the oruxmaps folder from internal storage, as I have realized that I have some unrelated files like .gpx or other random files I want to have on the SD card too.
  • I don't remember if I have tested if everything works properly after migration.
  • All the directories in the settings point to the SD card (see the attached screenshot).
  • In tracklog menu I see only single folder named @All
  • The oruxmaps/tracklogs folder on sd-card contains oruxmapstracks.db which has 165MB. If I open it using file-browser I use on the phone, it shows the table tracks contains 534 rows. Table folders contains three rows, one has folname equal to ---, other two have names of folders I have used for different things. It appears that all the data is still present in the database and settings of the app point to folder with the correct database.

This is everything I know. I'm sorry, I know it's not much, if I can provide some additional info, let me know. I'm not sure if the issue was caused by some of my steps when moving the db, or some update, or something else, so I have mentioned it just in case.

Please help with fixing the issue.

windanimal

Same problem but I've got everything in internal storage. I haven't done anything but yesterday the tracks were there and today they're not. I still see my 520 MB oruxmapstracks.db file in the track logs folder.

Also the app is no longer reading my onlinemapsources.xml

Is it an Android file permission issue?

Tronpo

Quote from: peto2006 on January 13, 2024, 04:47:06 PM
Hello,

all my recorded tracks are missing from the app. Here is what I know:

• I've migrated from internal storage to SD card recently using OruxMaps app.
  • After migration I might have replaced the folder by copying over the oruxmaps folder from internal storage, as I have realized that I have some unrelated files like .gpx or other random files I want to have on the SD card too.
  • I don't remember if I have tested if everything works properly after migration.
  • All the directories in the settings point to the SD card (see the attached screenshot).
  • In tracklog menu I see only single folder named @All
  • The oruxmaps/tracklogs folder on sd-card contains oruxmapstracks.db which has 165MB. If I open it using file-browser I use on the phone, it shows the table tracks contains 534 rows. Table folders contains three rows, one has folname equal to ---, other two have names of folders I have used for different things. It appears that all the data is still present in the database and settings of the app point to folder with the correct database.

This is everything I know. I'm sorry, I know it's not much, if I can provide some additional info, let me know. I'm not sure if the issue was caused by some of my steps when moving the db, or some update, or something else, so I have mentioned it just in case.

Please help with fixing the issue.
Hello, maybe you can recover by synchronizing the database.
Make sure that the database folder that contains your tracks doesn't have a hold. Backup..
Then in Oruxmaps>track manager. Top right on the "+" next to the virtual folder name
Access to the folder creator, there in the three dots you have the option of database synchronization.

Tronpo

Quote from: windanimal on January 25, 2024, 03:41:43 AM
Same problem but I've got everything in internal storage. I haven't done anything but yesterday the tracks were there and today they're not. I still see my 520 MB oruxmapstracks.db file in the track logs folder.

Also the app is no longer reading my onlinemapsources.xml

Is it an Android file permission issue?

Hi try also do the synchronization
Where do you save your onlinemapsurces.xml?
If it is not in the mapsfiles/customonlinemaps folder, with the update it may have been replaced by the default Onlimapsources.xml, in the mapsfiles folder, if it is in this folder it must have the backup extension added.

windanimal

These suggestions did not work for me. I did an uninstall and reinstall of OruxMaps GP following this procedure:
1) I backed up everything contained in the files subfolder of the com.orux.oruxmapsDonate Android data folder.
2) Uninstalled and reinstalled OruxMaps GP but did not launch it.
3) Copied everything from backup to their appropriate locations in the files subfolder of the com.orux.oruxmapsDonate Android data folder.
4) Launched the app.
5) Allowed the all files access permission and proceeded with the migration.
Now everything is back to normal and all my settings were preserved.

Vadodecorsa

I am experiencing the same issue with the tracks folder, whereas with the maps folder moving to the SDcard does not cause any problems.
I have tried uninstalling Oruxmaps and reinstalling but the issue with the tracks folder only pointing to "@all" persists. Do you have any suggestions?
Oruxmaps 10.5.0 GP
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12
Android 13
MIUI 14

orux

Hello!
The tracks databases, the oruxmapstracks.db files, cannot be in any folder.

They can only be in two locations:

--/Android/data/com.orux..../tracklogs/ if the app has not been authorized to access all the files
--/sdcard/oruxmaps/tracklogs/ if the app has been authorized to access all files.

It is a delicate file, it requires very quick access. SDs, although fast, are x10 or even slower than internal storage.

The directory that is managed in configuration > app storage > Tracks directory is for the gpx, kml,... but not for the databases.

orux

Vadodecorsa

Thank you for the detailed response.
I seem to have given all permissions to the app to access the folder :
--/sdcard/oruxmaps/tracklogs/
but as of a certain date I can no longer enable Oruxmaps to read and write access to the tracklogs SQLite db on the SDCARD. Perhaps it could coincide with the upgrade to MIUI 14, but with previous versions I had never encountered this problem.
Anyway, following your advice, I decided to use the faster internal memory to store all the tracks.
To do this, I first exported in .gpx format the few tracks I had saved in the SQLite db of the app I had already installed, then I copied the 4 oruxmapstracks.db files, containing about a hundred old tracks, from a folder I had backed up before the update, to the Oruxmaps folder of the internal memory, overwriting the originals, and finally I imported the few tracks I had exported in .gpx format into the SQLite db of Oruxmaps.

peto2006

Quote from: orux on February 27, 2024, 07:15:26 AM
Hello!
The tracks databases, the oruxmapstracks.db files, cannot be in any folder.

They can only be in two locations:

--/Android/data/com.orux..../tracklogs/ if the app has not been authorized to access all the files
--/sdcard/oruxmaps/tracklogs/ if the app has been authorized to access all files.

It is a delicate file, it requires very quick access. SDs, although fast, are x10 or even slower than internal storage.

The directory that is managed in configuration > app storage > Tracks directory is for the gpx, kml,... but not for the databases.

orux

Thank you very much for explanation. Sorry for late reply, I've had pretty difficult few weeks in my life and I completely forgot about OruxMaps and biking in general.

It's been a while, but from what I remember, here is what likely happened: I moved everything to SD using button in OruxMaps. Then I was confused why not everything got moved and I assumed that the process got somehow interrupted. So I have moved rest manually. What then followed could only be describing as chaos and moving files around and backing stuff up and recovering backups and changing settings manually. Knowing that database file location is constant explains everything.

May I suggest adding information dialog that would explain what exactly would happen when you press migrate to SD and warning dialog to inform user to keep the database file on it's current location when you tap the "tracklogs" button to change path? Maybe it would save few sleepless nights for someone else  :D . Having option to change the paths just calls for someone moving things around and doing something unexpected.