GPX Import (viewing) Issues - From Garmin Basecamp

Started by Steve_Sr, May 30, 2017, 11:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_Sr

Hello,

I have GPX file of a 3 -day bike tour that was generated by Garmin Basecamp. If I load the file into GPS Visualizer (.com) it looks correct.

When I open the same file in Orux there are many issues. Part of the track is missing and the tracks go straight line from waypoint to waypoint instead of following the roads. the track information appears to be there as it shows correctly on GPS visualizer.

I also have the same route in Google Maps and generated a KML file which appears to render properly.

I would upload both files but don't see a way to do it from this page. If anyone can offer some directions....?

Thanks,

Steve

orux

Quote from: "Steve_Sr"Hello,

I have GPX file of a 3 -day bike tour that was generated by Garmin Basecamp. If I load the file into GPS Visualizer (.com) it looks correct.

When I open the same file in Orux there are many issues. Part of the track is missing and the tracks go straight line from waypoint to waypoint instead of following the roads. the track information appears to be there as it shows correctly on GPS visualizer.

I also have the same route in Google Maps and generated a KML file which appears to render properly.

I would upload both files but don't see a way to do it from this page. If anyone can offer some directions....?

Thanks,

Steve

Hello,

send me oruxuro@gmail.com the gpx to see it,

orux

Steve_Sr

Quote from: "orux"
Hello,

orux

Hello, I forwarded these files as requested. Did you get them? Did you ever find/duplicate the issue?

Thanks,

Steve

orux

Quote from: "Steve_Sr"
Quote from: "orux"
Hello,

orux

Hello, I forwarded these files as requested. Did you get them? Did you ever find/duplicate the issue?

Thanks,

Steve

I'm sorry, I have not received them.

orux

Steve_Sr

Jose,

I just sent them again to your Gmail address. For some reason I am not getting forum email notifications.

Thanks,

Steve

corias

I have got exactly the same problem. Is there a way to fix it. I use the version 7.0.2 of the app.

I can't use some of my gpx files, e.g those i downloaded https://www.avenuevertelondonparis.com/GPX/base-1/etapes/neuville-sur-oise-vigny/at_download/gpx_total">here...

These gpx are working on other apps and it works if I convert them to KML format but it's annoying to do that and I need to be online. I did not find free app to convert gpx to KML.

I don't have problem with gpx generated by runkeeper or openrunner...