Route recalculation on the fly

Started by Tronpo, March 10, 2024, 10:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tronpo

Hello Orux!! In reference to the idea you launched about calculating a new route when we are following a route, I open this thread.

Types of route to follow:
-1st Beginning/end (objective)
-2° Circular beginning/end
-3° Beginning/end (round trip) same path

So that the recalculation of a new route can take care of these 3 types of routes, I think that the best thing would be for the new route to try to return us to the original planned route as close as possible, following the direction of travel, so that in cases 2 and 3 do not send us back early, also so that the original plan is respected as much as possible, a new complete route to the destination can skip part of the route and points that interest us.

*This route recalculation is an option to be configured before starting the route. In case someone is not a friend of the idea.

*The ideal would be for the new route to be shown as primary and the original route to be shown as secondary (not deleted from the map) so that we can always have a reference and be able to make better decisions.

*The new route must not be generated automatically when leaving the original route, but after a distance (configured by the user), if it is by mistake or oversight it is better to go back.

*Obviously it is essential that it be offline (without ruling out online :), and that the profile is configured by the user previously.

Oruxmaps users, I would appreciate it if you contributed your opinion in this regard so that we can obtain the best result for everyone.

Up Next  🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

paoloianes

IMHO this is the very ultimate feature lacking in Oruxmaps app!
I realize that it would be very difficult to implement but it would really be the most important feature to add both when Oruxmaps is used for car driving and when it is used for outdoor sports (walking, mountaineering, cycling , etc.)