loosing elevation gain on track save operation

Started by mgroeger4orux, July 01, 2017, 05:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgroeger4orux

I'm using oruxmaps for track recording during mountain bike tours. At the end of a tour statistics shows e.g. approximately 1000hm, but after the save of the track the statistics shows only 900hm. This loss in the statistics is reproducible, although the persentage of loss ranges between 5% and even 20%. The device (LG G5) has a build in barometer and I configured oruxmaps to use this altitude calculation. I tried to deactivate all features, which might related to an auto correction of the elevation values, but still the elevain gain ist reduced drastically on the save action.

So is this a bug? Or is it an advaced feature which I simply not yet understand?

gicif

Quote from: "mgroeger4orux"I'm using oruxmaps for track recording during mountain bike tours. At the end of a tour statistics shows e.g. approximately 1000hm, but after the save of the track the statistics shows only 900hm. This loss in the statistics is reproducible, although the persentage of loss ranges between 5% and even 20%. The device (LG G5) has a build in barometer and I configured oruxmaps to use this altitude calculation. I tried to deactivate all features, which might related to an auto correction of the elevation values, but still the elevain gain ist reduced drastically on the save action.

So is this a bug? Or is it an advaced feature which I simply not yet understand?

Hi, do you tried activating "barometer autocalibration" ?

Or you might use "DEM files" as barometer autocalibration method too (obviously after downloading DEM files for your area).

best regards

orux

Quote from: "gicif"
Quote from: "mgroeger4orux"I'm using oruxmaps for track recording during mountain bike tours. At the end of a tour statistics shows e.g. approximately 1000hm, but after the save of the track the statistics shows only 900hm. This loss in the statistics is reproducible, although the persentage of loss ranges between 5% and even 20%. The device (LG G5) has a build in barometer and I configured oruxmaps to use this altitude calculation. I tried to deactivate all features, which might related to an auto correction of the elevation values, but still the elevain gain ist reduced drastically on the save action.

Hi, do you tried activating "barometer autocalibration" ?

Or you might use "DEM files" as barometer autocalibration method too (obviously after downloading DEM files for your area).

best regards

Hello;

it is not a bug. The app makes some adjustments that can not be made until the end. Corrects saw teeth found in the path.

In future versions I will try to make them along the way.

orux