New beta 10.6.x

Started by orux, April 12, 2024, 05:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orux

As always, starting a new series of betas.

Version 10.6 is in progressive release, will be in GP soon available to everyone.

This beta has new features:

1. Climber. Analysis of segments by slope. In construction. This is a new screen on the trip computer views, which reports on slope segments data (configurable). These data for each route can be modified and saved for future use. In the trip computer view > Climber view, there is a button that takes us to the list of slope segments. In that screen we can see the different segments calculated. We can change the parameters (distance and slope used for the calculations, top action bar > more button). We can delete/join/split the segments.

1.1. New buttons over some graphs, to do zoom/reset to the current position, if following a route.

2. New slope graph, using the altitude graph, by colors.

3. Route planner. New option to trace sections with the finger.

4. Rearrange dashboard elements in the map viewer or trip computer views by dragging and dropping. For this purpose, a new dashboard editing tool has been added (map viewer > left panel > other tools).

5. Improved side button bars constructor, with more help to find the right buttons. The button and the description is displyed when we drag the bar to select a different button.

beta2:
--New setting in route plenner. Try to adjust the path made with the finger to an existing route in Brouter.
--bug corrections

https://oruxmaps.org/OruxMaps10.6.1beta2.apk

orux

ut

Quote from: orux on April 12, 2024, 05:15:03 PM2. New slope graph, using the altitude graph, by colors.

He, in my opinion it was easier to read the old graph with the % slopes on the Y axis and distance on the X axis.
Would it be possible to continue to have it or modify the new graph by placing the altitude on the X's (perhaps more significant in the mountains than the distance) and the % slopes on the Y's?

Congrats on the other innovations :)

Tronpo

Quote from: ut on April 13, 2024, 12:22:30 PMHe, in my opinion it was easier to read the old graph with the % slopes on the Y axis and distance on the X axis.
Would it be possible to continue to have it or modify the new graph by placing the altitude on the X's (perhaps more significant in the mountains than the distance) and the % slopes on the Y's?

Congrats on the other innovations :)

Hello, the old graph is still alive, in the statistics at the top right it marks the three dots, then alternative graph.
This is where the error is, flagged comes out the old chart without checking the new chart.

In addition, it is not possible to combine the old slope chart with the altitude chart

ut

thank you Tronpo, you are always a light in the deep darkness ;D

Tronpo

Hello Orux!!
You forgot to inform us that this Beta brings us the option to "recalculate route" when we are following the route and deviating from the potty.... Fantastic!!

Since I can't find any settings other than these in the app's settings and I'm currently limited to planned routes, I'm assuming it's in order for the app to know which routing profile to use.

It would be interesting if in the future this could be configured for the rest of the routes.

From what I've tested, the new route is generated from the last far route warning. A note on this would be helpful for the user to keep in mind.

More to see

orux

Quote from: Tronpo on April 14, 2024, 07:36:56 AMHello Orux!!

You forgot to inform us that this Beta brings us the option to "recalculate route" when we are following the route and deviating from the potty.... Fantastic!!

Since I can't find any settings other than these in the app's settings and I'm currently limited to planned routes, I'm assuming it's in order for the app to know which routing profile to use.

It would be interesting if in the future this could be configured for the rest of the routes.

From what I've tested, the new route is generated from the last far route warning. A note on this would be helpful for the user to keep in mind.

More to see

Hello, thanks!

At the moment it cannot be applied to old routes, because it is not known which profile to use. The result is very different, you can end up on a highway with your bike if the profile is not the appropriate :)

Later I will add the option to define a specific fixed profile, for cases in which it is unknown.

orux

IBERO

Buenos días Orux:

Estoy teniendo problemas con los controles por voz, que tienen "," en su texto:

- Continuar, centro.
- Continuar, desvío derecha.
- Continuar, desvío izquierda.

no me los reconoce o cuando me los reconoce me crea el símbolo de "lugar-waypoint" general, en lugar de su icono especifico. He probado a nombrar la coma también y lo que hace la app es reconocerla pero con un espacio posterior a la palabra continuar:  ejemp: Continuar , centro. y ya no lo reconoce.

¿Se podría eliminar la coma, para que se ejecutará correctamente? He probado a crear un comando "propio" con una imagen diferente y el texto sin la coma: ejemplo: Continuar centro y va perfectamente.

Otra cuestión: Los siguientes comandos referidos a las salidas en las glorietas. ¿Cómo los dicto por voz, que no tengo manera de crearlos, al no reconocérmelos la app?:

- 1º Salida.
- 2º Salida.
- 3º Salida.
- 4º Salida.
- 5º Salida.

Gracias y un saludo

Tronpo

Quote from: orux on April 15, 2024, 07:06:36 AMHello, thanks!

At the moment it cannot be applied to old routes, because it is not known which profile to use. The result is very different, you can end up on a highway with your bike if the profile is not the appropriate :)

Later I will add the option to define a specific fixed profile, for cases in which it is unknown.

orux

It's really the only thing that's missing, basically the rest is already done 👍

Route reorientation

- Usage profile. 

-Priority to the point

(Recalculation of the route to the 'waypoint' (if there is one) or the end point) 

-Priority to the route

Use it if you want to get back to the original route as soon as possible

-Distance to recalculate (last warning of distance from route e.g. currently.

IBERO

Quote from: IBERO on April 15, 2024, 09:18:35 AMBuenos días Orux:

- Continuar, centro.

no me los reconoce o cuando me los reconoce me crea el símbolo de "lugar-waypoint" general, en lugar de su icono especifico. He probado a nombrar la coma también y lo que hace la app es reconocerla pero con un espacio posterior a la palabra continuar:  ejemp: Continuar , centro. y ya no lo reconoce.

¿Se podría eliminar la coma, para que se ejecutará correctamente? He probado a crear un comando "propio" con una imagen diferente y el texto sin la coma: ejemplo: Continuar centro y va perfectamente.

¿Habría solución para esto?. Gracias

Tronpo

Sobre la reorientacion de ruta, cuando se realiza la ruta original se borra de la pantalla, es necesario? Podrías ofrecer la opción de mantenerla junto con los puntos de ruta, talvez como ruta secundaria?
Solo la ruta original, no el recalculo del recalculo etc si ocurre.

Starfighter

Hola, Orux!
Recientemente he visto que en "DEM based maps" se ha añadido una nueva propiedad configurable llamada "Shadows exageration" para controlar la gama de grises empleada en el sombreado del relieve.
Mi propuesta es que se duplique esa propiedad, una para el visor tradicional y otra para el VTM por una razón obvia cuando se analizan los dos pantallazos que adjunto, ambos con valor de 99 (el más claro es el VTM; el visor de siempre para igualarlo le basta con 40), con el fin de que se puedan establecer valores independientes para cada uno de los visores.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMepIAETZVe-L7XM1P9aNrdmMbkqPlJyZFCDRsYMgEoUmTL0N4oliY_MPdYXRv6Jg/photo/AF1QipMtOJ6SSJrulU0NH4Gd-FbjBbgPbdlQzZwOEDbv?key=b2xpU3pvVU1lTnlMUzU0NGxDQy0zSDZmUDNEM3F3

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMepIAETZVe-L7XM1P9aNrdmMbkqPlJyZFCDRsYMgEoUmTL0N4oliY_MPdYXRv6Jg/photo/AF1QipNi0baxF1NWXj0FE5JEWpdbIJqAa1RrkntWiSfU?key=b2xpU3pvVU1lTnlMUzU0NGxDQy0zSDZmUDNEM3F3

orux

Quote from: IBERO on April 15, 2024, 09:18:35 AMBuenos días Orux:

- Continuar, centro.

Otra cuestión: Los siguientes comandos referidos a las salidas en las glorietas. ¿Cómo los dicto por voz, que no tengo manera de crearlos, al no reconocérmelos la app?:

- 1º Salida.
- 2º Salida.
- 3º Salida.
- 4º Salida.
- 5º Salida.

Gracias y un saludo

Buenas!

Probaremos a probar coincidencias sin los signos de puntuación, y a reemplazar los números con textos,

orux

orux

Quote from: Starfighter on April 17, 2024, 02:54:28 PMHola, Orux!
Recientemente he visto que en "DEM based maps" se ha añadido una nueva propiedad configurable llamada "Shadows exageration" para controlar la gama de grises empleada en el sombreado del relieve.
Mi propuesta es que se duplique esa propiedad, una para el visor tradicional y otra para el VTM por una razón obvia cuando se analizan los dos pantallazos que adjunto, ambos con valor de 99 (el más claro es el VTM; el visor de siempre para igualarlo le basta con 40), con el fin de que se puedan establecer valores independientes para cada uno de los visores.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMepIAETZVe-L7XM1P9aNrdmMbkqPlJyZFCDRsYMgEoUmTL0N4oliY_MPdYXRv6Jg/photo/AF1QipMtOJ6SSJrulU0NH4Gd-FbjBbgPbdlQzZwOEDbv?key=b2xpU3pvVU1lTnlMUzU0NGxDQy0zSDZmUDNEM3F3

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMepIAETZVe-L7XM1P9aNrdmMbkqPlJyZFCDRsYMgEoUmTL0N4oliY_MPdYXRv6Jg/photo/AF1QipNi0baxF1NWXj0FE5JEWpdbIJqAa1RrkntWiSfU?key=b2xpU3pvVU1lTnlMUzU0NGxDQy0zSDZmUDNEM3F3

Los ajustes son, en teoría separados, para los visores que usan tecnología diferente (superposición vs multiplicación de colores).

Debes poder ajustar con diferentes valores para uno u otro tipo de mapa.

Prueba a cargar un mapa mapsforge, por ejemplo, con uno y otro visor, verás que los ajustes de opacidad pueden ser diferentes,

orux

odin

Hi orux, awesome work,
I picked up some bike sensors recently, so I was messing around in orux to see how they work.
I was wondering with the sensors like cadence / speed, could you make it so it retries to re-connect to them indefinitely (or a configurable time), sometimes I walk away from my bike for a few minutes and often forget to tell orux to reconnect to the sensor, also on the track statistic page it's a bit confusing what data is from the sensors and what's from the GPS, maybe a toggle to show sensor stats and a toggle to show GPS stats if possible.

I was also messing with some bike computer app, it could play back your ride route like a video from 1x to 100x speed and has like a little dot icon that moves through the route and shows riding speed as it plays through, I thought that would be pretty neat if orux could do that, but you could show more stats like altitude, speed, grade...etc

Edit:
also minor bugs, when adding a second sensor to the BLE cadence / speed, it should show the mac address like the first sensor does, since there is no way to know if the second sensor is added, also for popup noticications it just says bluetooth sensor connected, maybe that could be improved to something like BTLE speed sensor connected / BTLE cadance sensor connected, same with the connection lost message.

Tronpo

Quote from: odin on April 20, 2024, 08:51:22 AMHi orux, awesome work,
I picked up some bike sensors recently, so I was messing around in orux to see how they work.
I was wondering with the sensors like cadence / speed, could you make it so it retries to re-connect to them indefinitely (or a configurable time), sometimes I walk away from my bike for a few minutes and often forget to tell orux to reconnect to the sensor, also on the track statistic page it's a bit confusing what data is from the sensors and what's from the GPS, maybe a toggle to show sensor stats and a toggle to show GPS stats if possible.

I was also messing with some bike computer app, it could play back your ride route like a video from 1x to 100x speed and has like a little dot icon that moves through the route and shows riding speed as it plays through, I thought that would be pretty neat if orux could do that, but you could show more stats like altitude, speed, grade...etc

Hello, I would swear that there used to be the option to reconnect the peripherals... I don't see it now.

On the Sicami website (Oruxmaps GP integration)
You can see the playback of your route, in 3D with various speed and angle settings and much more how to share the playback, it is not to be missed, try it.
In Oruxmaps GP under subscription to featured maps you can also see the reproduction of the route.