some serious problems with version 7.0.12 and android7.1.1

Started by deech123, July 06, 2017, 12:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deech123

Hi guys,

since 3 years I use Oruxmaps as guide in my mountain adventures.

now I have a new phone (oneplus 5 with android 7.1.1) and do have some bad problems.

first of all, I installed the .apk.

what is strange is after installation on the phone (not on SD card) when I look in my phone, no map oruxmaps is visible in the root, as on my old phone.

so the only map I can find is : Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps

after 2 reboots, the map oruxmax was visible on this path : /storage/emulated/0/android/oruxmaps

when I start oruxmaps app on android, then in settings, i set that maps can be found in the filder MAPFILES, and the routes and tracks can be found on :

/storage/emulated/0/android/oruxmaps

so that should be enough to do.

if I go in the menu to : manage routes and tracks, then no track is visible.

and in my map : myroutes, there are over 30 .GPX files.

so is there any thing I do wrong?

also second problem.

I downloaded the map : grenoble from OpenAndroMaps

then you can see my maps : alps, belgium, grenoble (OTRK) and relief card (RELIEF).

when I click on that grenoble map, the maps I loaded, and I can see the shades as should.

but the moment I start to zoom in, there is a popup and asks me to choose : ALPS or reliefcard

any idea?

also how can I load my tracks (.GPX) files thru the menu so it's loaded and ready to follow it and track it?

I hope somebody can help me, in 4 days I'm leaving to the Alps, and without my Oruxmaps, I'm having a problem :-)

thanks to any clue, tip or help !

orux

Quote from: "deech123"Hi guys,

since 3 years I use Oruxmaps as guide in my mountain adventures.

now I have a new phone (oneplus 5 with android 7.1.1) and do have some bad problems.

first of all, I installed the .apk.

what is strange is after installation on the phone (not on SD card) when I look in my phone, no map oruxmaps is visible in the root, as on my old phone.

so the only map I can find is : Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps

after 2 reboots, the map oruxmax was visible on this path : /storage/emulated/0/android/oruxmaps

when I start oruxmaps app on android, then in settings, i set that maps can be found in the filder MAPFILES, and the routes and tracks can be found on :

/storage/emulated/0/android/oruxmaps

so that should be enough to do.

if I go in the menu to : manage routes and tracks, then no track is visible.

and in my map : myroutes, there are over 30 .GPX files.

so is there any thing I do wrong?

also second problem.

I downloaded the map : grenoble from OpenAndroMaps

then you can see my maps : alps, belgium, grenoble (OTRK) and relief card (RELIEF).

when I click on that grenoble map, the maps I loaded, and I can see the shades as should.

but the moment I start to zoom in, there is a popup and asks me to choose : ALPS or reliefcard

any idea?

also how can I load my tracks (.GPX) files thru the menu so it's loaded and ready to follow it and track it?

I hope somebody can help me, in 4 days I'm leaving to the Alps, and without my Oruxmaps, I'm having a problem :-)

thanks to any clue, tip or help !

Hello;

if you have your tracks in gpx/kml files, you have to import them to oruxmaps database. Go to 'Manage tracks/routes' then click the 'import tracks from external sources' button (bottom buttons bar) and import all your files. Then you will see your tracks in the managed tracks/routes list.

about the second problem, disable settings-->maps-->zoom settings-->zoom autoload.

orux