GeoPDF not displaying correctly, Orux 7.0.16

Started by jonathanimber, July 11, 2017, 10:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathanimber

Hello Orux,

I am trying to display an offline GeoPDF, downloaded from the USGS National Map, in Orux v.7.0.16 running on a Vodaphone 785 / Android 4.4.2.

The GeoPDF loads into the display; however, the map redraws continuously every few seconds, which makes it unreadable. This redrawing occurs at all zooms (1:1, and more and less zoomed). This redrawing continues even if I do not touch the screen. The redrawing occurs also if I load a smaller GeoPDF.

Any advice on how to stop this redrawing would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jonny

orux

Quote from: "jonathanimber"Hello Orux,

I am trying to display an offline GeoPDF, downloaded from the USGS National Map, in Orux v.7.0.16 running on a Vodaphone 785 / Android 4.4.2.

The GeoPDF loads into the display; however, the map redraws continuously every few seconds, which makes it unreadable. This redrawing occurs at all zooms (1:1, and more and less zoomed). This redrawing continues even if I do not touch the screen. The redrawing occurs also if I load a smaller GeoPDF.

Best wishes,

Jonny

Hello;

please, update to the last version, .17;

if you still have that problem, device and android version?

orux

jonathanimber

Hello Orux,

I upgraded to 7.0.17, but the problem still persists, unfortunately.

Details of my android/phone are as follows:

Model number: Vodaphone 785

Android version: 4.4.2

Baseband version: 6180

Kernel version: 3.4.67

Build number: KitKat

Custom build version: 330HEG1

Best wishes,

Jonny

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "jonathanimber"Hello Orux,

Best wishes,

Jonny

Hello;

please, update to the last version, .17;

if you still have that problem, device and android version?

orux

Off-track

In case it helps the developer, I also get the blinking (or blink off then slow or never redisplay map after attempted zoom) with some (NSW) but not all (QLD) tested geopdf files. ZTE A462 running OM 7.0.17 under stock-standard Marshmallow 6.0.1.

I notice that the QLD maps (which display without problems for me) are pure raster and were produced in ArcMap, whereas the NSW maps (which give problems for me) have some vector layers and were produced in ArcCatalog. In fact the NSW maps also confuse Nitro PDF viewer, which I used to see these things.