Quote from: "orux"Hello!

A new RC version,

orux

Sorry,

updated to rc2 version.

orux

eartrumpet

Thanks for posting updates again.

The pattern bug with mapsforge maps and hires displays is back, probably with implementing mapsforge 0.8. The tile sizes are tiny now, probably 256px instead of 1024px which leads to crowded maps. See attached screenshots:

Pattern bug:

http://i.imgur.com/BpgY4Ce.png">

7.1 RC2:

http://i.imgur.com/ZdsiWQ7.jpg">

Same position/zoom in 7.0.17:

http://i.imgur.com/C3i8753.png">

File path handling is not really working at the moment (Android 7.1.1)

- Every time I update I'm asked again for access right of SD card, is that necessary?

- I also have an old setting where the path is /sdcard/oruxmaps, when trying to change the path to external sdcard it is not possible, as "root" is the base folder of /sdcard/, it says then "Can not access """.

- With other settings like /storage/1EE8-1D0C/oruxmaps, I can change to /storage/, but when choosing "emulated" for internal sdcard, nothing happens.

And a final idea: as the non-donate is not available on google play anymore, does this check for updates on the website? I use the donate version, but have installed the free one for friends, and it would be good if they are reminded for updates.

topolaino

Quote from: "ThomasSc"The new "Apply altitude filter" is really great.

If switched off, the ascent and descent are nearly the same on the Monterra with oruxmaps, the VDO MC2.0 WL and the Suunto T6d.

Thank you very much.

Thomas

I don't found  "Apply altitude filter"...

Where is it? :geek:

ThomasSc

Quote from: "topolaino"
Quote from: "ThomasSc"The new "Apply altitude filter" is really great.

If switched off, the ascent and descent are nearly the same on the Monterra with oruxmaps, the VDO MC2.0 WL and the Suunto T6d.

Thank you very much.

Thomas

It's in "Global settings" -> "Tracks/Routes", the last feature.

Thomas

topolaino

Quote from: "topolaino"

Ok I find it. Pardon

Orux thank you very much

orux

Quote from: "eartrumpet"Thanks for posting updates again.

The pattern bug with mapsforge maps and hires displays is back, probably with implementing mapsforge 0.8. The tile sizes are tiny now, probably 256px instead of 1024px which leads to crowded maps. See attached screenshots:

File path handling is not really working at the moment (Android 7.1.1)

- Every time I update I'm asked again for access right of SD card, is that necessary?

- I also have an old setting where the path is /sdcard/oruxmaps, when trying to change the path to external sdcard it is not possible, as "root" is the base folder of /sdcard/, it says then "Can not access """.

- With other settings like /storage/1EE8-1D0C/oruxmaps, I can change to /storage/, but when choosing "emulated" for internal sdcard, nothing happens.

And a final idea: as the non-donate is not available on google play anymore, does this check for updates on the website? I use the donate version, but have installed the free one for friends, and it would be good if they are reminded for updates.

Hi;

Tile size: clean the raster cache, then refresh the map list, the tile size should not be 256px if you have a hi-res device, strange...

Patterns problem: check if still present after refresh map list. There are no changes when using the mapsforge library compared to previous version, only upgrade to 0.8

Sd write permission: The app checks all the folders (maps, tracks, geocaches, styles, dems and overlays) when a new version is installed. Check if selected folder contains all those folders. I am going to change the message that is show when the app can not write a folder.

You can use all the internal/external folders. Internal storage is in Root/sdcard/ folder, /emulated/ folder is not usable. To change from external to internal storage, using the built in file browser, click 'Root' in the current path, then select /sdcard/.

I am working with a check option in the free version to warn about new version available.

orux

eartrumpet

Quote from: "orux"Tile size: clean the raster cache, then refresh the map list, the tile size should not be 256px if you have a hi-res device, strange...

This doesn't help, same result as above with freshly cleared raster cache, 440ppi screen.
QuotePatterns problem: check if still present after refresh map list.

A solution for the tile size bug should fix this problem, too, at least last time it worked.

QuoteSd write permission: The app checks all the folders (maps, tracks, geocaches, styles, dems and overlays) when a new version is installed. Check if selected folder contains all those folders. I am going to change the message that is show when the app can not write a folder.

Is it really necessary to ask for those rights again after every update? Other apps don't.

QuoteYou can use all the internal/external folders. Internal storage is in Root/sdcard/ folder, /emulated/ folder is not usable. To change from external to internal storage, using the built in file browser, click 'Root' in the current path, then select /sdcard/.

As written above, when I choose 'Root', I get the message 'Can not access ""'. No way to change from external to internal.

eartrumpet

Another thing: save and load buttons are missing in the profiles screen.

orux

Quote from: "eartrumpet"
Quote from: "orux"Tile size: clean the raster cache, then refresh the map list, the tile size should not be 256px if you have a hi-res device, strange...

This doesn't help, same result as above with freshly cleared raster cache, 440ppi screen.
QuotePatterns problem: check if still present after refresh map list.

A solution for the tile size bug should fix this problem, too, at least last time it worked.

QuoteSd write permission: The app checks all the folders (maps, tracks, geocaches, styles, dems and overlays) when a new version is installed. Check if selected folder contains all those folders. I am going to change the message that is show when the app can not write a folder.

Is it really necessary to ask for those rights again after every update? Other apps don't.

QuoteYou can use all the internal/external folders. Internal storage is in Root/sdcard/ folder, /emulated/ folder is not usable. To change from external to internal storage, using the built in file browser, click 'Root' in the current path, then select /sdcard/.

As written above, when I choose 'Root', I get the message 'Can not access ""'. No way to change from external to internal.

OK,

I found that the context is initialized differently in version 0.8; because of that your system was always using a size of 256px. I will correct it.

It's true, google has done it again. In android 7.1.1 navigation through the root directory is not allowed. I'll add two buttons to jump directly from internal to external storage without having to go through the root directory.

The app don't ask for permission after the update if it can write in all folders. Next version will tell you which folders are not under the authorized folder.

orux

Joska

Quote from: "orux"

It's true, google has done it again. In android 7.1.1 navigation through the root directory is not allowed. I'll add two buttons to jump directly from internal to external storage without having to go through the root directory.

orux

Hello orux

As I have written before, this is no problem of android 7.1...

This behavior I found in Android 7.0 on my Sony Z5c too.

But i suppose, it wasn't obvious because of my bad English éxplanation.  :D

Best regards, Joska

orux

Thanks to all;

updated the rc version.

file browser: added buttons to go to external/internal storage

mapsforge: tile size bug should be correct now

initial dialog about write permission will show folders where app can not write and need permission.

save/load buttons removed in profiles screen because those files are permanently synchronized.

orux

eartrumpet

Quote from: "orux"Thanks to all;

updated the rc version.

file browser: added buttons to go to external/internal storage

Thanks, this works now with Android 7.1.1. Only thing not working is "new folder..." in folder selection dialogue on external sd card, although I can write on this folder with other functions.
Quotemapsforge: tile size bug should be correct now

Yes, it does, and no problems with patterns too.
Quoteinitial dialog about write permission will show folders where app can not write and need permission.

Thanks, it shows several folders with old SDCard addresses (as I updated Android while using the same settings of OruxMaps) like "storage/sdcard1/" which don't exist anymore, so access writes is not the problem here. Would it be possible to check for these and auto-correct them according to android version?

Quotesave/load buttons removed in profiles screen because those files are permanently synchronized.

Auto-saving does work, but not auto-loading. If I define a new profile in OruxMaps Donate, it won't show in OruxMaps Beta. So I can't import settings for testing anymore.

orux

Hi,

QuoteOnly thing not working is "new folder..." in folder selection dialogue on external sd card

The browser is an old library, does not support SAF. I will try to change it in a future version.

Quote it shows several folders with old SDCard addresses (as I updated Android while using the same settings of OruxMaps) like "storage/sdcard1/" which don't exist anymore, so access writes is not the problem here. Would it be possible to check for these and auto-correct them according to android version?

Not sure, I will see.

QuoteAuto-saving does work, but not auto-loading.

The auto loading only happens after new version update. I will add a 'resync' button.

orux

Maki

Today I wanted to test the altitude filters and I tried to make a track segment that has no descent in it (so that it is easy to know the exact difference between start-point and end-point). To do that I used the notification button, which didn't give me any errors or confirmations. When looking at stats I don't see the segments, so it seems that the button doesn't work.

Another related thing. The notification has three buttons (stop, new wpt, new segment) that have the same width despite hosting strings with different length. Not only this looks odd, but the last one is truncated because it's too long.

I had two phones (S5 and Moto X 2014, all with Android 6.0.1) and both exhibit the same behavior.

Off-track

I previously set up OM in emulated memory on an SD card, because that was the way I could get OM v 7.0.12 to use the SD card under Android 6 http://bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25950">//http://bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25950. This continued to work until v7.0.18 beta3, but it gives problems with v 7.1.0 rc3. It still works with some things in emulated memory (like offline maps), but not with others (like custom waypoints). Looking at folder settings, I guess it will not find a bunch of other stuff like DEMs, but I have not explicitly tested them yet.

I did not see or find any of the messages about available folders mentioned above.

I got the custom waypoints to work by copying the folder (under Win Explorer) from:

ComputerZTE Blade A462SD cardAndroiddatacom.orux.oruxmapsfilescustomwpts

to:

ComputerZTE Blade A462SD cardAndroiddatacom.orux.oruxmapsbetafilesexternalcustomwpts

OM > Global Settings > Application > Migrate to Ext. SD failed ("No SD found!"). Working through the phone (Settings > Apps > OruxMaps Beta > Storage >Change) allowed a shift to SD, but this caused problems for me that needed an uninstall and reinstall of the OM Beta, so I am not doing it again! Probably there is no need, as all the memory-consuming data really is already in the SD card (still set up as emulated internal memory).

Probably people can get it to work by copying relevant folders as mentioned for custom waypoints above.

I do not know what will happen when new maps are downloaded. Overall it seems tricky for those who have set up SD cards as emulated internal memory under Android 6. Maybe Orux can simplify the upgrade to recognise this better in the official release?