Straight lines. GPS stops recording. [Líneas rectas. El GPS deja de grabar]

Started by orux, August 07, 2017, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chironaut

Hi isartrails,

have you tried one of the last versions orux postetd here?

Especially try to check the option "Fused Locations provider" unter Settings - Sensor - GPS

Additionally check all the power saving options of your device. Sometimes (e.g. Huawei devices) these options are incomprehensibly hidden.

This helped some people here already.

Br

Chironaut

isartrails

As I run OruxMaps with german version on my smartphone I do not have any idea, which setting is meant.

Under Settings - Sensors - GPS I do not find any checkbox which seems to be "fused locations provider".

Do you have a screenshot?

What version should I have actually on the phone?

As here has been talking about Huawei problems (and I do not have a Huawei) I did not upload a newer version.

isartrails

How can I check in OruxMaps which version is actually open?

Cesco56

Quote from: Cesco56 post_id=13332 time=1524263381 user_id=7506
Good evening

I had the problem after updating my huawei p8 lite 2017 to emui 5.0.2.

The only way to have orux 7.2.12 working was to set fuse and to activate another tracking app

Reading the thread I install orux ver 7.2.13c and i tested tonight

It works even without the fuse  and huawei bug settings

Thanks

Regards

Francesco

Good morning

as detailed in my previous post, it worked for some days and also yesterday in the morning, when I registered a two hous track.

Then in the afternoon I went for an hike, and suddenly the problem reappeared.

I tried all the possible settins, but when truning off the screen the app did not track.

The only way to have it working (I already discovered it last week) is to activate another tracking app (I used sports tracker)

With this other app working, even the oruxmaps tracks properly.

In any case there is a problem with gps; I set a sound when gps fails, and every time I activate the screen, the failed gps alarm starts.

Regards

Francesco

Cesco56

Quote from: Cesco56 post_id=13368 time=1524723000 user_id=7506
Quote from: Cesco56 post_id=13332 time=1524263381 user_id=7506
Good evening

I had the problem after updating my huawei p8 lite 2017 to emui 5.0.2.

The only way to have orux 7.2.12 working was to set fuse and to activate another tracking app

Reading the thread I install orux ver 7.2.13c and i tested tonight

It works even without the fuse  and huawei bug settings

Thanks

Regards

Francesco

Good morning

as detailed in my previous post, it worked for some days and also yesterday in the morning, when I registered a two hous track.

Then in the afternoon I went for an hike, and suddenly the problem reappeared.

I tried all the possible settins, but when truning off the screen the app did not track.

The only way to have it working (I already discovered it last week) is to activate another tracking app (I used sports tracker)

With this other app working, even the oruxmaps tracks properly.

In any case there is a problem with gps; I set a sound when gps fails, and every time I activate the screen, the failed gps alarm starts.

Regards

Francesco

This morning I made a test and the app was not working..

Then I tried to reinstall the same version (.13c) and after that it works again (with or without the Fuze/Huaweibug settings

It seems that the reinstallation restore some status that make sthe app working

Francesco

kischu

Unfortunately, none of those versions, including 7.2.13c, work for me.

Those who said that it worked, did you test it long enough?

I found that tracking stops after exactly 30 minutes screen off time.

It doesn't matter if I enable "huawei bug" or not.

My phone is Honor 6x with current firmware state (Android Nougat, latest official firmware).

It is sad, but as long as this issue is not resolved, Orux maps is not usable to me - all the other tracking apps I have on my phone do work (Locus, runtastic, osmand, osmtracker, viewranger).

Idan68

hi,H

I am new in the Forum and hope I will do all right.

I have the same problem, every time  the screen get off  orux is not tracking anymore.

I tried all the hints given upon in the last two weeks but nothing is working well.

The only way to make its working, is to charge the phone, then orux is tracking also when the Screen is off.

I'm not sure, but it seems that I have this Problem since an update of the EMUI, before I didn't track alot with this phone. I use this phone since beginning of this year, before I had an Samsung S4 mini and I never had such Trouble.

Can anybody help??  I start to get crazy with all the trials :(  :roll:

Thanks a lot

Huawei P10 lite Android 7.0 EMUI 5.1.1

orux

Quote from: kischu post_id=13377 time=1524762698 user_id=7512
Unfortunately, none of those versions, including 7.2.13c, work for me.

Those who said that it worked, did you test it long enough?

I found that tracking stops after exactly 30 minutes screen off time.

It doesn't matter if I enable "huawei bug" or not.

My phone is Honor 6x with current firmware state (Android Nougat, latest official firmware).

It is sad, but as long as this issue is not resolved, Orux maps is not usable to me - all the other tracking apps I have on my phone do work (Locus, runtastic, osmand, osmtracker, viewranger).

Hello!

Neither this version?-->

To confirm that I know exactly where is the problem, could you test this 7.2.12 version? --> http://www.oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps7.2.12b.apk">http://www.oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps7.2.12b.apk

orux

kischu

The version 7.2.12b worked better for me (than 7.2.13c), indeed. But the results were not consistent, I had tracking working alright, and other times, it stopped with that version, too. Of course, I didn't use any power saving mode and I didn't permit automatic shutting down of the app because of high battery usage.

Unless, there is another new version, I am willing to start testing 7.2.12b again. Because as long as Oruxmaps is still tracking and doesn't start to produce straight lines, it appears to deliver very accurate tracking. Moreover, it is much faster than for instance Locus when shifting and rebuilding map display  (Locus is very slow there).

Hopefully, this issue can be resolved.

orux

Quote from: Idan68 post_id=13378 time=1524768654 user_id=7527
hi,H

I am new in the Forum and hope I will do all right.

I have the same problem, every time  the screen get off  orux is not tracking anymore.

I tried all the hints given upon in the last two weeks but nothing is working well.

The only way to make its working, is to charge the phone, then orux is tracking also when the Screen is off.

I'm not sure, but it seems that I have this Problem since an update of the EMUI, before I didn't track alot with this phone. I use this phone since beginning of this year, before I had an Samsung S4 mini and I never had such Trouble.

Can anybody help??  I start to get crazy with all the trials :(  :roll:

Thanks a lot

Huawei P10 lite Android 7.0 EMUI 5.1.1

Hello!

Which is the compilation version of your android phone?

orux

MassimoS49

Hi guys, I experienced the same problem some time ago when I chenged my phone. I'm now using a samsung galaxy j3 with android 7.0.

I tried both oruxmaps donate and oruxmaps.

I tried disabling battery saving options with no result while it seems to work if you put display always on:My version is in Italian, you go to global settings (impostazioni globali) than to application (applicazioni), then set display always on (schermo sempre on)

I had this idea seeing that on all track registering application where display switchs off I had same problem while I had not with maps and another one where display was on.

I tried it today and it seems to work.

Hope this helps.

kischu

Well, sorry to say so, but I used 7.2.12b again today (with fused locations provider enabled), and once again, tracking stopped after 30 minutes of screen off time.

If that matters: I had several tracking programs open, besides Oruxmaps.

They all worked alright and recorded the whole track.

Perhaps, I should try it with only Oruxmaps running - but I doubt, this would improve anything.

It might be interesting to also note that this time, I used two smartphones (Honor 6x, see above), but also an old Vodafone 858 (which is Huawei U8160), the latter with Android 2.3.7.

On the Vodafone 858 I also had several tracking programs running, including Oruxmaps (6.5.0).

All the tracking apps (old runtastic, old Locus, old viewranger versions) did a good job, but even here Oruxmaps did not record the whole track! I took care not to turn on the screen for at least 45 minutes.

--edit--

I found a long thread about similar problems: The app Strava seems to have the same issues on Huawei phones.

orux

Quote from: kischu post_id=13390 time=1524851547 user_id=7512
Well, sorry to say so, but I used 7.2.12b again today (with fused locations provider enabled), and once again, tracking stopped after 30 minutes of screen off time.

If that matters: I had several tracking programs open, besides Oruxmaps.

They all worked alright and recorded the whole track.

Perhaps, I should try it with only Oruxmaps running - but I doubt, this would improve anything.

It might be interesting to also note that this time, I used two smartphones (Honor 6x, see above), but also an old Vodafone 858 (which is Huawei U8160), the latter with Android 2.3.7.

On the Vodafone 858 I also had several tracking programs running, including Oruxmaps (6.5.0).

All the tracking apps (old runtastic, old Locus, old viewranger versions) did a good job, but even here Oruxmaps did not record the whole track! I took care not to turn on the screen for at least 45 minutes.

--edit--

I found a long thread about similar problems: The app Strava seems to have the same issues on Huawei phones.

Hello;

which compilation version do you have in the honor 6x? BLN-LXXXXXXXXX

orux

kischu

Hi,

my Honor 6x firmware version is: BLN-L21C432B372.

kischu

Well, I discovered something I had not noticed before:

(Honor 6x)

In the history of power intensive apps that were automatically closed, I found Oruxmaps (and the time matches the 30 minutes screen off time I mentioned!). I had the power intensive warning for Oruxmaps disabled, but obviously, this just turns off the notification, but not the shutdown action itself...

I'd like to keep the setting "close power intensive apps" enabled, but aren't there any settings to create exceptions to the rule?

Let's say: close power intensive apps, but don't do it for Oruxmaps etc.?

Next time, I will make a longer walk/hike with the "close power intensive apps" disabled! Maybe, I'll have better luck with Oruxmaps then...

But again my question:

Is it possible to leave the feature enabled and create an exception to the rule?