Straight lines. GPS stops recording. [Líneas rectas. El GPS deja de grabar]

Started by orux, August 07, 2017, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orux

Quote from: kischu post_id=13395 time=1524857333 user_id=7512
Well, I discovered something I had not noticed before:

(Honor 6x)

In the history of power intensive apps that were automatically closed, I found Oruxmaps (and the time matches the 30 minutes screen off time I mentioned!). I had the power intensive warning for Oruxmaps disabled, but obviously, this just turns off the notification, but not the shutdown action itself...

I'd like to keep the setting "close power intensive apps" enabled, but aren't there any settings to create exceptions to the rule?

Let's say: close power intensive apps, but don't do it for Oruxmaps etc.?

Next time, I will make a longer walk/hike with the "close power intensive apps" disabled! Maybe, I'll have better luck with Oruxmaps then...

But again my question:

Is it possible to leave the feature enabled and create an exception to the rule?

Hello;

this is one of the stup... huawei settings you have to take in account.

apps not optimized, apps that can work when you turn off screen, apps that can consume power,... all in different settings.

Now I have found new settings in oreo (honor 7x), apps that can start automatically, apps that can be started by others,... all very intuitive. I think they're obsessed with the battery.

I remember that you can disable that setting for each app, but I don't remember where in nougat.

orux

orux

Quote from: orux post_id=13396 time=1524859611 user_id=2
Quote from: kischu post_id=13395 time=1524857333 user_id=7512
Well, I discovered something I had not noticed before:

(Honor 6x)

In the history of power intensive apps that were automatically closed, I found Oruxmaps (and the time matches the 30 minutes screen off time I mentioned!). I had the power intensive warning for Oruxmaps disabled, but obviously, this just turns off the notification, but not the shutdown action itself...

I'd like to keep the setting "close power intensive apps" enabled, but aren't there any settings to create exceptions to the rule?

Let's say: close power intensive apps, but don't do it for Oruxmaps etc.?

Next time, I will make a longer walk/hike with the "close power intensive apps" disabled! Maybe, I'll have better luck with Oruxmaps then...

But again my question:

Is it possible to leave the feature enabled and create an exception to the rule?

Hello;

this is one of the stup... huawei settings you have to take in account.

apps not optimized, apps that can work when you turn off screen, apps that can consume power,... all in different settings.

Now I have found new settings in oreo (honor 7x), apps that can start automatically, apps that can be started by others,... all very intuitive. I think they're obsessed with the battery.

I remember that you can disable that setting for each app, but I don't remember where in nougat.

orux

But with all settings in right position, I can record large tracks (more than 1 hour) with a huawei p8 lite with the last firmware  (nougat) and with the honor 7x with the oreo version.

orux

MassimoS49

I tried again this morning  2,5 hours 22 km by bike, with display always on it works perfectly , I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 with android 7 and use oruxmaps donate 7.2.13

kischu

But leaving the screen on is no solution - it eats the battery way too fast.

kischu

I hope, it is time for some optimism...

Today, I was on a long walk and only turned on the screen of my Honor 6x after 2 and a half hours:

Oruxmaps was still tracking!

I used 7.2.12b, fused locations provider enabled (if that mattered), and the difference to my previous tests was:

I had disabled the setting to close power intensive apps.

Simultaneously, I ran several other tracking apps - so I should really repeat my experiments with only Oruxmaps running.

Cesco56

This morning the app did not work again.

In the afternoon i reinstalled the same version 13d and, as few days ago  the app worked again. I made a walk of more than 2h with no problem

I did not change any settings

kischu

I had another walk, only 45 minutes (but longer than those 30 minutes I talked about).

With all power saving settings disabled (especially "close power intensive apps") and this time, running as the sole app on my smartphone, tracking did not stop after 30 minutes (no straight line!).

Fused locations provider was enabled. Might check without that next time...

version 7.2.12b, honor 6x

Llagu

Hola

Siempre me ha funcionado bien la grabación en Orux de mis tracks

He tenido un Samsung GT y un Huawei P8 Lite en los últimos 4-5 años

Hace breves fechas he pasado a un Xiaomi Redmi 5 y creo que, desde ese momento, me graba mis tracks con bastantes líneas rectas y atajos en torno al camino seguido; es decir no me graba bien.

Alguna idea o solución??

orux

Quote from: Llagu post_id=13489 time=1525436897 user_id=7564
Hola

Hace breves fechas he pasado a un Xiaomi Redmi 5 y creo que, desde ese momento, me graba mis tracks con bastantes líneas rectas y atajos en torno al camino seguido; es decir no me graba bien.

Alguna idea o solución??

Qué versión de android y compilación? Si puedes colgar una captura de pantalla de la versión de android y de compilación mejor.

Hago pruebas con un xiaomi mi a1 sin problemas, pero usa android one, sin personalización de xiaomi.

Tienes que ver que:

--no tienes activa la función de ahorro de energía en android

--que oruxmaps está en la lista de aplicaciones no optimizadas

--si hay algún ajuste para parar apps que consumen mucha energía, excluir la app de ese listado.

orux

pedraforca14

Despues de muchos meses de funcionar correctamente, OruxMaps dejó de registrar el trac cuandoo se cerraba la pantalla. He estado asi un par de meses hasta que he instalado la versión especifica para Huawei/Honor, con la cual ha vuelto a funcionar correctamente

Mi móvil es un Huawei P9 lite. Número de compilación VNS-L31C432B408. Versión de Android 7.0

kischu

(honor 6x, 7.2.12b)

I get straight lines again, after exactly 30 minutes! :-(

The difference to before:

I changed the time interval in the GPS settings from 0 to 2 seconds.

What does 0 as a time interval mean?

I had also changed the way distance from 20 to 5 meters.

Another change that may be relevant:

A recent system update to version BLN-L21C432B374.

Though even with this new version everything had worked like before (before I changed the above settings!).

At any rate, the system update to version ...B374 seems to be even more harmful to background processes:

GPS tracking apps (that worked with version B372 without any straight lines) are useless now:

- Osmand (each and every tracking session fails)

- Mapy.cz (sometimes fails)

- Oruxmaps fails again after changing the above settings

The only reliable GPS apps I have appear to be:

- viewranger

- locus map

- runtastic

Not a single problem with those 3 apps so far.

orux

Quote from: kischu post_id=13507 time=1525801914 user_id=7512
(honor 6x, 7.2.12b)

I get straight lines again, after exactly 30 minutes! :-(

The difference to before:

I changed the time interval in the GPS settings from 0 to 2 seconds.

What does 0 as a time interval mean?

I had also changed the way distance from 20 to 5 meters.

Another change that may be relevant:

A recent system update to version BLN-L21C432B374.

Though even with this new version everything had worked like before (before I changed the above settings!).

At any rate, the system update to version ...B374 seems to be even more harmful to background processes:

GPS tracking apps (that worked with version B372 without any straight lines) are useless now:

- Osmand (each and every tracking session fails)

- Mapy.cz (sometimes fails)

- Oruxmaps fails again after changing the above settings

The only reliable GPS apps I have appear to be:

- viewranger

- locus map

- runtastic

Not a single problem with those 3 apps so far.

Hello!

did you tested with the 'stop apps that consume power' enabled or disabled (total or individually)?

you should use 0 seconds as time interval in your settings; tells android to use minimal time between GPS locations.

orux

kischu

"stop apps that consume power" is globally disabled.

So, you suggest, I set the time interval to 0 again? Well, that's what I used before (and when Oruxmaps still worked).

Okay, this is easy, I will set it back to 0 then - hopefully, Oruxmaps will work again (the distance setting 5 meters instead of 20 should do no harm, I guess).

Llagu

Quote from: orux post_id=13491 time=1525462336 user_id=2
Quote from: Llagu post_id=13489 time=1525436897 user_id=7564
Hola

Alguna idea o solución??

Qué versión de android y compilación? Si puedes colgar una captura de pantalla de la versión de android y de compilación mejor.

Hago pruebas con un xiaomi mi a1 sin problemas, pero usa android one, sin personalización de xiaomi.

Tienes que ver que:

--no tienes activa la función de ahorro de energía en android

--que oruxmaps está en la lista de aplicaciones no optimizadas

--si hay algún ajuste para parar apps que consumen mucha energía, excluir la app de ese listado.

orux

Hola Orux

Tengo pantalla capturada pero no acierto a adjuntarla. Te paso datos

Modelo teléfono                                        Redmi Note 5A Prime

Version de Android                                    7.1.2 N2G47H

Nivel parche Seguridad Android                 2018-04-01

Version MIUI                                             MIUI Global 9.5 Estable    9.5.5.0 (NDKMIFA)

Nombre del Modelo                                  MDG6S

CPU                                                         Octa-core Max 1,40 GHz

RAM                                                         3Gb

HOLA orux

CREO QUE YA VA BIEN. PROBLEMA DE OPTIMIZACION APLICACION O AJUSTES BATERIA

HE ANDADO TOCANDO Y ME GRABA BIEN

orux

I'm a little tired of this problem, and Huawei does not want to help...

In the first post of the thread, I have added a link to 7.2.14 version that works well on my two test devices,

honor 7x with oreo

huawei p8 lite 2017 with nougat.

Please, test that version with the appropriate android/app settings,

orux