7.1.1 Hillshading bug / problem

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2017, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

On updating to 7.1.1 (from 7.1) I notice there is now two hill shade check boxes in the menu section.  One appears to do nothing.

The hill shading on the mapforge map is now lighter.  The lighter hill shading makes it harder to visualize the terrain.

I much prefer the old darker hill shading.

matt

Quote from: "wildwanderer"On updating to 7.1.1 (from 7.1) I notice there is now two hill shade check boxes in the menu section.  One appears to do nothing.

The hill shading on the mapforge map is now lighter.  The lighter hill shading makes it harder to visualize the terrain.

I much prefer the old darker hill shading.

Yes, i also see no hillshading, when selecting the new "Apply hill shadows (Using mapsforge built-in capabilities)".

When selecting the other old-style "Apply hill shadows" above the new one, i see the hill shading as i really like it from the  beginning. I didn't noticed it as lighter in 7.1.1 and 7.1.2, compared to 6.x.

Matt

In case it is relevant: I use maps from OpenAndroMaps, DEM files from viewfinderpanoramas.org, and precise LiDAR files from Sonny in some regions. OnePlus One,  Android 6.0.1.

matt

Quote from: "matt"
Yes, i also see no hillshading, when selecting the new "Apply hill shadows (Using mapsforge built-in capabilities)".

Sorry, i missed the comment for 7.0.18.beta2 at http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4477">http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4477:

---8<---

->hillshading mapsforge maps using built in library capabilities. Switch on/off this option (or use old mode) in settings--maps--mapsforge settings. Requieres a compatible theme (default theme, for example).

---8<---

I use the Elevate theme, and with this i do not see the hill shading.

After selecting the "Default mapsforge theme", i see the hill shading, although that is really lighter, compared to the older method.

Visually i prefer the darker/stronger hill shading using the old mechanism.

Good that both options are available :-)