how to preserve offline maps with new installation

Started by green61, September 17, 2017, 09:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

green61

Hi, I am new on this forum, and I need your help, please.

I would like to install a new version of OruxMaps, but I would like to preserve the already installed offline maps and more in general the old personalizations.

Could you help me, please?

Thank you very much.

colibris79

It is automatic, you don't have to do anything since the new version will keep your offline maps. What you have to keep in mind is that the onlinemapsources.xml will be overwritten when you update, so make a copy of the old one in case you made some modifications you want to keep.

matt

Quote from: "colibris79"It is automatic, you don't have to do anything since the new version will keep your offline maps. What you have to keep in mind is that the onlinemapsources.xml will be overwritten when you update, so make a copy of the old one in case you made some modifications you want to keep.

regarding the onlinemapsources.xml... In case you do modifications on it; in the recent OruxMaps versions there is a new folder, oruxmaps/mapfiles/customonlinemaps/ , if you put there the onlinemapsources.xml file with your maps, this file is not removed/modified by the app.

green61

Thank you very much colibris79.

Thank you very much, matt.

Could you please tell me if the installation of a new version preserves the old personalized settings of the app?

If not, how can I do to preserve previous personalized settings?

I wish you a fine weekend.

orux

Quote from: "green61"Thank you very much colibris79.

Thank you very much, matt.

Could you please tell me if the installation of a new version preserves the old personalized settings of the app?

If not, how can I do to preserve previous personalized settings?

I wish you a fine weekend.

Hello,

if you do not uninstall first the app, all the settings are preserved.

orux

green61

Quote from: "orux"
Hello,

orux

Thank you very much, orux.

Could you tell me if by not uninstalling the app, the new version overlaps the previous?

Or otherwise by installing the new version without uninstalling the previous I will have two different versions of the same app on the smartphone?

I wish you a fine day

orux

Quote from: "green61"
Hello,

orux

Thank you very much, orux.

Could you tell me if by not uninstalling the app, the new version overlaps the previous?

Or otherwise by installing the new version without uninstalling the previous I will have two different versions of the same app on the smartphone?

I wish you a fine day

No, you will have only one app.

orux

green61

No, you will have only one app.

orux

Thank you, orux.