Started by orux, December 07, 2017, 03:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orux

New beta available,

orux

orux

Quote from: OpenSlopeMap post_id=12991 time=1520269521 user_id=7348
Hi Orux,

as a member of the free project "OpenSlopeMap.org" I would like to draw your attention to the WMTS service at http://www.openslopemap.org">www.openslopemap.org:

http://wmts.openslopemap.org/wmts">http://wmts.openslopemap.org/wmts?

We at OpenSlopeMap. org would be happy if it could also be permanently recorded and referenced in Oruxmaps.

Thank you very much,

Peter from OpenSlopeMap.org

Thanks;

The next version supports WMTS maps,

I will add a collection in that version, adding your maps,

orux

eartrumpet

Quote from: orux post_id=12601 time=1512658338 user_id=2
:beta12

-->added zoom level settings in DEM based maps

Thank you very much, works great for mapsforge hillshading. This way I can limit now the uglier hillshading in the higher levels (where it isn't really necessary) and keep it activated all the time! Maybe you should note in the mapsforge hillshading options that the DEM based maps settings also apply there.

The problem with mapsforge maps in composite maps with wrong tile size remains (and also the very slow complex algorithm on my phone, but I can live with the old now).

Best regards,

Tobias

Mapper-Alps12

Many thanks from my side, too, Orux. Great Work!

Now the mapsforge hillshading is great and the multimaps with mbtiles work again, even my older multimaps (with former betas) are visible like before.

And the best: the center map dialogue is also working.

Maki

After trying beta 12:

1) Measure tool seems perfect

2) Multiply seems great too, even with multiple layers (basemap, hillshading, slopes)

3) When you have a mapsforge in a multimap you can't tweak the theme, but you really should be able to do it otherwise it'a a pain to manage

4) if you forget to give a name to the multimap you see an error message and you have to start from scratch. Rather user-hostile, if you ask me...

5) ditto if the name is already used

6) setting opacity with a slider would be so much easier and faster than a text field

7) sometimes I see randomly missing tiles. Also tile seams are still visible, even if with the new method it's much better

8) while it's not really slow for me (strange as I have old devices) DEM rendering is not really fast either. I see children playing 3D games on their phones so I was wondering if the app couldn't use OpenGL acceleration, at least for shading

9) I've seen oddities like this

https://flic.kr/p/GTXYNb">https://flic.kr/p/GTXYNb">Screenshot_2018-02-25-09-48-01 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/30914757@N04/">Maki, su Flickr

or this

https://flic.kr/p/22gN45d">https://flic.kr/p/22gN45d">Screenshot_2018-03-08-22-47-45 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/30914757@N04/">Maki, su Flickr

(clearing caches solved the issue but IMHO it's a bit inaccessible for the average user)

10) Overall I find managing the multimaps quite hard. If you are willing to evaluate (and of course no obligation to accept) it I'd have a proposal to rework the interface in a simpler and more effective way.

11) Ten points are enough ;-)

Thanks, Maki

orux

Quote from: Maki post_id=13013 time=1520625253 user_id=100
After trying beta 12:

1) Measure tool seems perfect

2) Multiply seems great too, even with multiple layers (basemap, hillshading, slopes)

3) When you have a mapsforge in a multimap you can't tweak the theme, but you really should be able to do it otherwise it'a a pain to manage

4) if you forget to give a name to the multimap you see an error message and you have to start from scratch. Rather user-hostile, if you ask me...

5) ditto if the name is already used

6) setting opacity with a slider would be so much easier and faster than a text field

You are right, and it is easy to improve.

7) sometimes I see randomly missing tiles. Also tile seams are still visible, even if with the new method it's much better

8) while it's not really slow for me (strange as I have old devices) DEM rendering is not really fast either. I see children playing 3D games on their phones so I was wondering if the app couldn't use OpenGL acceleration, at least for shading

I have in mind gl 2.0 for some time, but at the moment I have not had the opportunity to work with its API

9) I've seen oddities like this

(clearing caches solved the issue but IMHO it's a bit inaccessible for the average user)

I can not reproduce that problem.

do you have the same artifacts always in the same tiles (after clean the cache)? shadow/relief maps are correct at the same point?

the missing tiles; when you zoom in/out, are the tiles painted right? If you reload the map, and the tiles are wrong still it is because the tiles are cached wrong, which is bad.

10) Overall I find managing the multimaps quite hard. If you are willing to evaluate (and of course no obligation to accept) it I'd have a proposal to rework the interface in a simpler and more effective way.

11) Ten points are enough ;-)

Thanks, Maki

Yes; It started as an experiment, for advanced users, but I think now is the time to do it to all users.

orux

orux

New beta version available,

orux

JCS666

Quote from: "orux"New beta version available,

orux
Beta 13 no se inicia en mi galaxy s7

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

orux

Quote from: JCS666 post_id=13039 time=1520802634 user_id=2159
Quote from: "orux"New beta version available,

orux
Beta 13 no se inicia en mi galaxy s7

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Algo no estaba bien; prueba ahora, reinstala el fichero nuevo que he subido.

orux

Maki

Quote from: orux post_id=13015 time=1520679317 user_id=2

I can not reproduce that problem.

do you have the same artifacts always in the same tiles (after clean the cache)? shadow/relief maps are correct at the same point?

the missing tiles; when you zoom in/out, are the tiles painted right? If you reload the map, and the tiles are wrong still it is because the tiles are cached wrong, which is bad.

I cannot reproduce either after clearing the cache. It maybe a simple impression, but it seems that it's easy to get this kind of problem after an update, but clearing the caches solves the problem every time.

If memory serves when I have missing tiles it's specific of a zoom level. If I zoom to another level I get the map, if I go back to the previous level tiles are still missing. That's with composite maps (Mapsforge+hillshading and/or slope with the new method), never happened with simple mbtiles maps. I have to say I only tried on the tablet at home, so not much. I'll try to test more and record the findings better.

Quote from: orux post_id=13015 time=1520679317 user_id=2

Yes; It started as an experiment, for advanced users, but I think now is the time to do it to all users.

Well, for starters one should be able to edit the multimap. As it it is now you can only delete and recreate. Looks easy enough, but the problem is that unless you took notes you can't really tell what parameters you used maybe some weeks ago.

I think the map creation/editing screen could use the same pattern most image editors use, showing a box for each layer where the user can access any configuration parameter directly. Layers can be ordered with drag and drop.

Each box should contain at the top common elements regardless of the map type:

- map name (pop-up menu to choose)

- opacity slider

- blend mode (normal, multiply, maybe others, like difference)

- colour filters (for example greyscale)

- min-max zoom

Then there should be map-format specific tweaks, when appropriate.

For Mapsforge:

- theme choice (use general preferences / choose a specific one)

- hillshading (follow general preferences, force OruxMaps, force Mapsforge, force off)

For slope

- colour scheme (IGN France, IGN Spain, SwissGeo, DAV, others...)

It could probably be interesting to have a tweak for the canvas colour too. Someone building a night map could find useful set it to a dark colour. Not essential.

You start with one layer, then there is a "+" button to add others, and a "x" button to remove an existing layer.

Composite map name, please on top of the screen, it's more logic and when you edit it the keyboard doesn't get in the way.

I think everything is mostly self explaining, but I'd like to expand some concepts.

Building a slope map that has some readability is a challenge, especially on an handheld device. In my experience having a neutral background is necessary. Neutral means greyscale an free of distracting elements. If you put colours on top of other colours you just get a visual mess. Icons and, especially, landuse patterns are bad too. That's why I think we need the ability to override general mapsforge settings, and the ability to render colour maps greyscale. I think Android offers easy to use colour manipulation libraries, the quick and dirty way to do greyscale is to set saturation to 0. Channel mixers are a more advanced and powerful way but maybe too complex to manage in terms of user interface. Personally I think that a basic greyscale filter and maybe contrast/lightness correction would be enough. One can always add other options later.

Another reason to implement mapsforge override is the ability to put an old scanned map (with obsolete paths but good terrain drawing on the bottom and then paint OSM data on top. Again you need to suppress most elements in the mapsforge map. If you need to do it using the general preferences it gets hard to switch from a pure Mapsforge map to the composite one, since you need to tweak the theme each time. If you want to do some tests, in Tiramisu I had already implemented a transparent background and the ability to hide all terrain drawing. Here an example:

https://tartamillo.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/screenshot_2015-06-14-20-56-31.png?w=700&h=&crop=1">

There is also the problem of hillshading because you can activate two different options in the Mapsforge options, plus you can burn-in the special DEM-based map or get pre-rendered mbtiles, so it easily gets confusing. One may want to use the Mapsforge rendering for normal MF maps, but turn it off for a specific multimap. That's why I think there should be a specific option for that layer.

I hope I didn't forget anything and that everything is clear.

Thanks again,

Maki

6745th@web.de

Well, for starters one should be able to edit the multimap. As it it is now you can only delete and recreate. Looks easy enough, but the problem is that unless you took notes you can't really tell what parameters you used maybe some weeks ago.

I think the map creation/editing screen could use the same pattern most image editors use, showing a box for each layer where the user can access any configuration parameter directly. Layers can be ordered with drag and drop

+1

Maki has always good ideas

Josean

Muy buenas Orux y compañía!

En la beta 13, al iniciar el Ant+, me pide seleccionar tipo de sensor a conectar aunque tengo tildado para que conecte automáticamente los sensores ya registrados.

Saludos.

Quercus.JB

Quote from: "Josean"Muy buenas Orux y compañía!

En la beta 13, al iniciar el Ant+, me pide seleccionar tipo de sensor a conectar aunque tengo tildado para que conecte automáticamente los sensores ya registrados.

Saludos.
+1

Enviado desde mi TA-1004 mediante Tapatalk

6745th@web.de

+1

6745th@web.de

+1

at least the checkboxes should be set like the last time.