Unable to restore profile from one phone to another

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2018, 09:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

EDIT.  Worked out how to do it to transfer profile from one phone to another.

The most important part is you must (on your old phone) create a new oruxmaps profile (copy data from current active profile on old phone).  Call it 'new' (or whatever you wish)

Then copy (in my case)  DEM, MAPFILES,PREFERENCES and TRACKLOGS folders to a backup location (computer).

Then on new phone.  Install Oruxmaps.  Open it (dont worry about setting up UI).  Then (in my case) restart phone (so folder structure is created correctly and can be read by your computer when you transfer your backup).

Then connect backup location (computer) to new phone. Browse to Oruxmaps folder (folder on your phone).  then copy all the folders you backed up to your backup location (computer) into the Oruxmaps folder on your phone.

Then Go to profiles in new phone oruxmaps application and load the profile 'new'

Done!  You will see all your settings, folder structure, maps, tracks will work just like it did on your old phone

Note to Orux. This is not very intuitive Orux, many people will just think they can just copy the default profile from one phone to another and it will work. It will not. Must create new profile on old phone first.

orux

Quote from: wildwanderer post_id=12723 time=1515919473 user_id=6687
EDIT.  Worked out how to do it to transfer profile from one phone to another.

The most important part is you must (on your old phone) create a new oruxmaps profile (copy data from current active profile on old phone).  Call it 'new' (or whatever you wish)

Then copy (in my case)  DEM, MAPFILES,PREFERENCES and TRACKLOGS folders to a backup location (computer).

Then on new phone.  Install Oruxmaps.  Open it (dont worry about setting up UI).  Then (in my case) restart phone (so folder structure is created correctly and can be read by your computer when you transfer your backup).

Then connect backup location (computer) to new phone. Browse to Oruxmaps folder (folder on your phone).  then copy all the folders you backed up to your backup location (computer) into the Oruxmaps folder on your phone.

Then Go to profiles in new phone oruxmaps application and load the profile 'new'

Done!  You will see all your settings, folder structure, maps, tracks will work just like it did on your old phone

Note to Orux. This is not very intuitive Orux, many people will just think they can just copy the default profile from one phone to another and it will work. It will not. Must create new profile on old phone first.

Thanks;

You are right;

It worked well in the past, because the default profile was copied as those created by the user. But from some version of android, I do not know which, the default profile is overwritten by android, and can not be moved.

Let's see if I repair it...

orux

joppla

Hello,

Is there still a problem to copy oruxmaps from 1 to another phone or is it solverd yet? And if yes, in which version is it solved?

Which folders does I need to copy my tracks and my waypoints?

Thanks for a reaction,

J