Issues with Android Oreo and/or Huawei devices

Started by orux, February 24, 2018, 09:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterpa

With my Honor 5c and most current SW I noted some curious behaviour. If starting recording via the widget every few minutes some points are stored. But as soon as I show the map the background recording no longer works.

Btw. background processing on that device in general will be stopped even if all recommended settings are applied. But it seems to work if there is a widget involved.

alli.galli

The reason why the track is stopped is the following message received by Android (oreo 8.1): "App Orux Map has been interrupted" (translated by the orignal Language)

NO other foreground applications are running at the same time.

Of course I don't know why, but it seems  related to Orux and not to Android.

Phone: NOkia N6

Orux 7.14 with all settings suggested in previous posts.

alli.galli

I'm really to sorry to leave Orux for this issue, after years of pleasant use. Now, I'm trying Locus.

Radim

Hello,

I'm sending an answer from Honor Support:

"The app is not yet fully compatible with Android version 8.1, so I'd also encourage you to contact the developers of these apps to make sure they're already compatible with Android 8.1."

I have Honor 10 / Oreo 8.1. Oruxmaps in the background record for about 4 minutes.

Sports-Tracker.com is recording in the background without any problems. So the solution exists. The problem will probably be in Orux.

peterpa

Unfortunately for recording tracks I had to switch to another app. For me "Easy GPS logger" works fine on my Honor 5c. Possibly some ideas from that app may be adopted to Orux, too.

luchana

Felicidades por vuestro programa.

Veo que muy es usado internacionalmente

Conozco oruxmap desde hace varios  años

Usaba otro programa para tracs, y seguí con el porque  dada mi edad me resultaba difícil cambiar de programa. Tenia un motoX android 6 y mis tracks iban perfectamente. Pero empezaba a fallar la batería y busque otro móvil potente no caro y compré un huawei P10 e instale android 8 y aquí empezaron mis problemas. He probado gpx loger, locus, compe, ing, y todos dejan de grabar cuando se apaga la pantalla. He probado todas las configuraciones habidas y por haber y sigo si poder grabar tracks con la pantalla apagada. He comprado el unico movil que no me sirve para lo que mas uso: grabar tracks.

Voy a probar la version que aconsejais .oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps7.2.14.apk a ver si funciona y se me acaban los problemas.

Lo tengo configurado como 0 metros y 0 segundos, omision de optimizador de bateria, y inicio de aplicaciones gestionar manualmente

Cuando viajo me gusta ver por los pueblos que paso y para que no se apague la pantalla uso la app "manten la pantalla encendida"

Un saludo y gracias por seguir ahí

Luchana (baracaldo)

Sigue sin funcionar

Radim

Bingo!

It looks like background recording works when it is started from Widget.

Honor 10 / Oreo 8.1

Havoc

Thanks for the help. Using the widget helped me also to solve the problem with closing orux tracking in the background. Mobile phone is huawei mate 10 pro.

olwaldi

Quote from: olwaldi post_id=13504 time=1525704715 user_id=7027
Hello!

I just wanted to report that oruxmap-7.2.13 is running fine on my Huawei Mate9 MHA-L29 8.0.0.366(C432) with Oreo and latest security updates. I have engaged the new oruxmaps swith FUSED LOCATIONS PROVIDER. I have disabled any power optimisation and I have allowed oruxmaps to ignore automatic power management. But I have enabled to be informed about apps with "excessive" power consumption. During my hike yesterday (~8h) I got a signal roughly all 2h probabely due to that. If I'm hiking typically two apps are actice, oruxmaps and camera. Sometimes I've a short look on current status of my hike, then I switch off the display without problems.

Something I'm missing (maybe a functionality being removed within 7.2.x?) is the option to share a track e.g. by email. I'd expect the share symbol within the button bar of the track list, but I can only do a GPX export. Even after configuration of my email address within settings and re-exporting my track there was no menu to send my track. Not a big issue, because I could share my exported track using the system's file explorer.

Regards, Michael

Today I've received a new update for my Huawei mate 9 with may 2018 security fxes, and sadly, now GPS logging always stops after 30minutes of logging. To be more precise, I press the power button to switch off the screen. When I switch it on after a longer timespan, orux is no longer running, and GPS logging is off.

There was no change but that OS upgrade. I have validated that all power saving options are off and that FUSED LOCATION PROVIDER was on.

Now I've installed oruxmaps-7.2.14. I'll report if that will solve the issue.

Regards, Michael

Danniella

Same issue with standard Huawei P20 with OREO and Android 8.1

fgb

I have almost the same problem that olwaldi reported on June 16, 2018:

«GPS logging always stops after 30minutes of logging. To be more precise, I press the power button to switch off the screen. When I switch it on after a longer timespan, orux is no longer running, and GPS logging is off»

The only difference being that logging stops after ca. 7 minutes

Phone: Honor 9

Android: 8.0.0 (Upgraded June 26, 2018)

Oruxmaps v.7.2.14 Donate (installed June 26, 2018 from Play Store)

Android-Settings for Oruxmaps:

•   Keep app running in background

•   Ignore battery optomisation

Location Mode: Use GPS, WiFi and mobile networks

(I have not been able to activate FUSED LOCATION PROVIDER as I could not find this setting using the search function for android settings)

I would be very greatful for a solution as I have used Oruxmaps for several years and like it very much.

Regards Fritz

fgb

Hello

Under https://www.xda-developers.com/android-oreo-background-location-whitelist/">https://www.xda-developers.com/android- ... whitelist/">https://www.xda-developers.com/android-oreo-background-location-whitelist/  I found the following statement:

"The best thing an average user can do to keep their favorite apps that require constant GPS location up and running is to contact the developer and kindly ask them to abide by Android Oreo's new requirements."

My questions to Orux are therefore:

1. Do you intend to adapt Oruxmaps to Oreo's new requirements?

2. How long woud it probably take you?

3. Would this probably solve my problem posted June 27, 2018?

Thanks and kind regards from Switzerland

Fritz

peterpa

Hello,

@Fritz: Please check the download page how to activate the fused location provider in Orux.

With that provider it works much better for me. But unfortunately the system stops Orux after some time. For other apps this could be avoided by a simple widget. Possibly something is not optimal with the Orux widget that doesn't help as expected.

Peter

peterhu318

Hi orux,

I have a Huawei Honer 9 handphone, if I use orux 5.5.22, I have to place orux on front(can off screen), if on background, no worked(direct online). If I use orux 7.2.14, all is ok! no any problem, thx your hard work.

BTW, I need a new function, would you pls add it?

When I am treking outddor, I usualy download other people's track for direct my treking. from one point to another point, new version can display distance, that's very good. but I wish thast I can calcue the time from one point to another point,so I can plan the time from here to there, rmaps ext app can do that. I wish that orux have this function.

Peter Hu(from china)

Email: peterhu318@126.com

orux

Quote from: fgb post_id=13759 time=1530269301 user_id=7711
Hello

Under https://www.xda-developers.com/android-oreo-background-location-whitelist/">https://www.xda-developers.com/android- ... whitelist/">https://www.xda-developers.com/android-oreo-background-location-whitelist/  I found the following statement:

"The best thing an average user can do to keep their favorite apps that require constant GPS location up and running is to contact the developer and kindly ask them to abide by Android Oreo's new requirements."

My questions to Orux are therefore:

1. Do you intend to adapt Oruxmaps to Oreo's new requirements?

2. How long woud it probably take you?

3. Would this probably solve my problem posted June 27, 2018?

Thanks and kind regards from Switzerland

Fritz

Hello;

OruxMaps is adapted to android Oreo; it works fine on most of Oreo devices, One Plus, Samsung, Xiaomi,... even some Huawei, after some huawei updates.

The problem is that huawei is not adapted to android standard, it has introduced its own power management systems that are not standard, and very complex. They kill some processes, and do not provide information about why, when and how avoid they be killed! They do not answer developers questions!

The fuse locations provider is an oruxmaps setting-->sensors-->GPS.

orux