Android wear: Maps to Smartwatch?

Started by Joska, March 26, 2018, 05:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joska

Hi Orux

Is there further improvement of support of android wear/wear OS? I.e. displaying 1) current track on 2) smartphone-map on smartwatch? As I see the general improvment and the multiple issues, you've to maintain, I suppose....not?

Best reagrds, Joska

FG1961

That works already.

Joska

Hi

Maybe I'd understood wrong or my question was missunderstandable; I'm interested to see the actual smartphone-map on the watch (not the google maps) and the actual track, no route, inside this map.

Is this possible? If, I would be happy to get a hint, where to raed about this?

Best regards, Joska

Joska

Hi Orux

Just 2 hours ago, I was on a trip around my city, using pathes through forrest and hayfield.

On the SWR50, I'd seen the red line of the stored route, one blue point and no further information of the, for these issue unusable, google map. I can't see my track, nor small pathes or different hints on a map.

I asked it sometimes ago, and if I remember right, you'd planned to improve these features. I fear, that because of so much diverent other issues, these development is staying at the end of your roadmap, but I want to remark my interesst too.

Best regards, Joska

orux

Quote from: Joska post_id=13305 time=1524065232 user_id=1747
Hi Orux

Just 2 hours ago, I was on a trip around my city, using pathes through forrest and hayfield.

On the SWR50, I'd seen the red line of the stored route, one blue point and no further information of the, for these issue unusable, google map. I can't see my track, nor small pathes or different hints on a map.

I asked it sometimes ago, and if I remember right, you'd planned to improve these features. I fear, that because of so much diverent other issues, these development is staying at the end of your roadmap, but I want to remark my interesst too.

Best regards, Joska

Currently, the smartwatch app uses google maps, because porting all the map development from the phone app to the clock is impossible today.

Android smartwatches have too many limitations, their development has not had the expected interest; Many of people who used them abandoned those widgets soon; it has no sense that you have to be so aware of the battery charge.

In addition, there are other smartwatches better in performance, incompatible with android wear. Spend more time, seeing that many brands have stopped building/manufacturing devices with android wear is a risk.

I can not promise anything about the evolution of that app.

orux

mntr86

Orux, sorry but I think that's is not true. The main navigation app on the play store have the wear app.  locus Map, viewranger and more...

For example locus Map wear app has the possibility to show on the smartwatch the same maps that you can see on the smartwatch.

I think that the develope of Android wear app is one of the first priority!

Thank you for your patience

Joska

Hi Orux

I am happy to read the comment of mntr86. By the way, I'd tested this feature with locus and I can confirm, that with locus it ist possible to see the smartphone-used map on the smartwatch. The other features, I'll test on an hike this day. I believe, I understand, if you are not interested to develope this feature, because of a small group of users, but I hope still. Oruxmaps seems to become a high featured app for so many circumstances, but using it as an offline map-viewer for hiking and biking seems to be one of the main issus, people use it. These are the biggest group, I suppose, and a lot of them would use a smartwatch too, if these featrues would be supported.

May be I'm wrong, but if not......

Best regards an thank you again for you great app. Joska

It is exactly, as mntr86 said, the addon Locus for android wear shows the smartwatch-map, the route in a blue and the active track in red color.

;)

Joska

Hi Orux

Did you improve smartwatch-support since last year?

Best regards, Joska

Bluto

Hi Orux,

What I would suggest is to get real time data from Huawei Health (gps, heartbeat).

Is there a possibility that this feature will be implemented?