New beta version, 7.3.XbetaX

Started by orux, April 06, 2018, 10:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uli

GPSies:

thanks a lot for implementing it.

But I think I will stick to Mapmytracks.

It offers more track data.

Uli

piggei

Great work with GPSies, but it's possible to activate it without recording the track?

Sometimes I wanna share my position for some minutes, but I always use my sportwatch to record.

Thank you

ThomasSc

Hi Orux,

thanks for implementing the map viewer on composite map builder.

In OruxMaps 7.2.13 beta 3 "3D Maps" in "Map tools" don't work anymore.

Thomas

orux

Quote from: ThomasSc post_id=13494 time=1525526336 user_id=2211
Hi Orux,

Thomas

thanks;

beta updated,

orux

orux

Updated the link to the beta version

orux

ThomasSc

Quote from: ThomasSc post_id=13494 time=1525526336 user_id=2211
Hi Orux,

Thomas

Hi orux,

thanks, 3D Maps works again in beta 5.

One little thing.

If I record a track I have to "zoom in" or "zoom out" to see the recorded track on the display.

Garmin Monterra, Android 4.0.4

Thomas

Maki

Quote from: orux post_id=13187 time=1523002702 user_id=2
:beta5

-->fling gesture in the map viewer.

I'm just plain hating it. It never stops where I want, I feel out of control and I fail to see the usefulness in any case. Flinging works in a web browser when scrolling a long page. But then you see the content and you can stop at the desired point touching the screen, in OM you just see an empty screen until it stops (even with raster maps) so you actually have no clue about where exactly you are. Ditto for Google Maps, you see the content scrolling AND there is a much higher threshold for the activation (i.e. slow and short movements don't trigger flinging).

Please add an option to disable it.

IMHO it was almost perfect before. The only thing that could be really improved in terms of pan and zoom is one finger zooming which is currently very rough, since you  jump by a full zoom lever for every button press. For example double-tap and drag (try in GMaps) and/or a finer stepping when zooming with buttons (be it soft buttons or volume rocker).

Thanks, Maki.

orux

Quote from: Maki post_id=13522 time=1526020624 user_id=100

I'm just plain hating it. It never stops where I want, I feel out of control and I fail to see the usefulness in any case. Flinging works in a web browser when scrolling a long page. But then you see the content and you can stop at the desired point touching the screen, in OM you just see an empty screen until it stops (even with raster maps) so you actually have no clue about where exactly you are. Ditto for Google Maps, you see the content scrolling AND there is a much higher threshold for the activation (i.e. slow and short movements don't trigger flinging).

IMHO it was almost perfect before. The only thing that could be really improved in terms of pan and zoom is one finger zooming which is currently very rough, since you  jump by a full zoom lever for every button press. For example double-tap and drag (try in GMaps) and/or a finer stepping when zooming with buttons (be it soft buttons or volume rocker).

Thanks, Maki.

Hello,

new beta uploaded.

fling gesture-->yes, it needs a bit of more work, but I think it is an interesting option. I will add a disable option.

I will check different one finger zoom options,

orux

Quercus.JB

Quote from: "Maki"

Thanks, Maki.
Estoy completamente de acuerdo, cuando quieres buscar ruta, es una locura. Pinchas en un punto y cuando sueltas ya se ha movido.

Enviado desde mi TA-1004 mediante Tapatalk

orux

Quote from: Quercus.JB post_id=13572 time=1526755731 user_id=57

Thanks, Maki.
Estoy completamente de acuerdo, cuando quieres buscar ruta, es una locura. Pinchas en un punto y cuando sueltas ya se ha movido.

Buenas!

Explícame un poco mejor ese problema, ¿incluso con la última beta?

orux

Quercus.JB

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: Quercus.JB post_id=13572 time=1526755731 user_id=57

Thanks, Maki.

Buenas!

Explícame un poco mejor ese problema, ¿incluso con la última beta?

orux
Acabo de probarlo en beta 6 y va bien. En beta 5 es donde no funcionaba bien. Gracias Orux.

carioco

Como va la integracion de strava? 🤗🤗🤗 vas a meter mas cosillas?

Un saludo

Maki

Flinging in Beta6 is better because you don't have a displacement after zooming. But it still feels bad. In part it's because I'm fighting against muscle memory (and after so many years it's not easy), that's for certain. But for the most part I think the implementation isn't optimal. Three annoying things:

1) I use immersive mode. If I drag from the top or from the bottom to reveal Android bars the map moves, that doesn't happen with the current Donate version

2) There's no threshold for activation, even a slow and short movement triggers flinging, in my opinion more friction is necessary (if I have to use it, as said I'd prefer to turn it completely off)

3) Movement is unnatural. What I mean is that when I "launch" the map it first slows down, than it accelerates and finally slows down again until it stops. Flinging mimics launching something on a desk, that slows according to physics friction's law. This one may entirely be due to my phone's getting old, but still other apps work smoothly.

I also have a minor quibble with the measure tool. Unless you have a custom button there is no easy way to get out of the tool which is buried in a sub-menu. IMHO a simple touch on the back arrow should do the job

orux

Quote from: Maki post_id=13623 time=1527507083 user_id=100
Flinging in Beta6 is better because you don't have a displacement after zooming. But it still feels bad. In part it's because I'm fighting against muscle memory (and after so many years it's not easy), that's for certain. But for the most part I think the implementation isn't optimal. Three annoying things:

1) I use immersive mode. If I drag from the top or from the bottom to reveal Android bars the map moves, that doesn't happen with the current Donate version

2) There's no threshold for activation, even a slow and short movement triggers flinging, in my opinion more friction is necessary (if I have to use it, as said I'd prefer to turn it completely off)

3) Movement is unnatural. What I mean is that when I "launch" the map it first slows down, than it accelerates and finally slows down again until it stops. Flinging mimics launching something on a desk, that slows according to physics friction's law. This one may entirely be due to my phone's getting old, but still other apps work smoothly.

I also have a minor quibble with the measure tool. Unless you have a custom button there is no easy way to get out of the tool which is buried in a sub-menu. IMHO a simple touch on the back arrow should do the job

Hello!

New beta uploaded.

about the fling gesture, the screen resolution and dpi of your display? there is still more work to do. The movement should be a decelerated movement.

orux

Maki

I'm using a Moto X2, 1080 x 1920 pixels @432 dpi.

I'll try the new beta as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Maki