Account creation for Multitrack feature

Started by chvoea, July 23, 2018, 12:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chvoea

Hello,

I need to re-create an account in Oruxmaps to use the multitrack feature. However Oruxmaps let me only choose Android accounts based on "Gmail.com" for the Login. However, I want to use another email address (since I'm registered on the Orux-server with another email address). How can I do this? Do I miss something?

History:

- long time ago, I registered with a non-google email address for the multitrack feature (which Oruxmaps still allowed at that time) and the Multitrack feature worked flawlessly

- last week, since Oruxtrack crashed and would not startup anymore (after recording a 230km long track), I needed to delete the application data and cache

- now I need to re-setup Oruxmaps, but it doesn't let me re-create / login with a non-google account any more

- I'm running Oruxmaps v.7.2.14 donate on a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 7.0 (Kernel V3.18.14)) with the March security patches.

- I really don't want to use my google-ID for this tracking! Therefore, I don't want to re-register with a google-account/google-email.

Many thanks for your help!

orux

Quote from: chvoea post_id=13875 time=1532297790 user_id=7779
Hello,

I need to re-create an account in Oruxmaps to use the multitrack feature. However Oruxmaps let me only choose Android accounts based on "Gmail.com" for the Login. However, I want to use another email address (since I'm registered on the Orux-server with another email address). How can I do this? Do I miss something?

History:

- long time ago, I registered with a non-google email address for the multitrack feature (which Oruxmaps still allowed at that time) and the Multitrack feature worked flawlessly

- last week, since Oruxtrack crashed and would not startup anymore (after recording a 230km long track), I needed to delete the application data and cache

- now I need to re-setup Oruxmaps, but it doesn't let me re-create / login with a non-google account any more

- I'm running Oruxmaps v.7.2.14 donate on a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 7.0 (Kernel V3.18.14)) with the March security patches.

- I really don't want to use my google-ID for this tracking! Therefore, I don't want to re-register with a google-account/google-email.

Many thanks for your help!

Hello,

Send me (PM or mail) the old and the new mail accounts, I can change them,

orux

trent

did you get an answer?  I cant get mine to set up either, won't let me put in an email address

orux

Quote from: trent post_id=14344 time=1538414476 user_id=8026
did you get an answer?  I cant get mine to set up either, won't let me put in an email address

Only accounts configured in the device can be used.

Depending on the android version, only google accounts may be usable,

orux

jesusmariordoñez

Tengo la versión donate y desde que cambie la cuenta de gmail no me llegan las actualizaciones.

Cuenta antigua: jesusmariorro@gmail.com

Cuenta nueva: romerouzqueda@gmail.com