screenshots size 2. try

Started by Uli, November 13, 2013, 08:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uli

Oruxmas offers to make screenshots by clicking status on the map screen.

The screenshots are stored then in the Oruxmaps directory.

But unfortunately on my S4 Active the size is between 2 and 3 MB.

Usually screenshots are just 50 - 500 kb in size.

Again my question: Is there a way to limit the size?

Uli

skibum218

Your screenshot size will depend on how much color and detail is on the screen. When I screenshot an arial image map the file size is up between 2 and 3 MB whether I take the screenshot from Oruxmaps or straight from my phone (S4). When I screenshot an OS map or a map that just shows roads the file size is down around 600 - 700 kb.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Uli

You are right. I gave it a try on two different screenshot methodes and there was only a small difference. Uli

Written with S4 Active on TapaTalk

orux

Quote from: "Uli"You are right. I gave it a try on two different screenshot methodes and there was only a small difference. Uli

Hi, Uli;

Images are compressed in png format because it does not lose quality, as if saved in jpg format.

Later there try the option to choose compression format.

orux

Uli

Thank you for replying.

I've solved the problem so far, that Android asks before adding the screenshot to an email, how many percent of the original file the transmitted picture should have.

But so far I cant choose where the screenshot should be stored. That means on the S4 it is always stored on the internal storage and not on the external SD - where I run and store Oruxmaps.

Uli