Oruxmaps freezes at start screen

Started by SHARCRASH, November 14, 2013, 04:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHARCRASH

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem since i updated Oruxmaps to v5.5.11. Two seconds after i launch the app, it freezes during start/splash screen. Even trying to shut the app doesn't work and after some time a message appears saying that the app doesn't respond anymore. In some rare occasions, I didn't force close the app while it was stuck and after about 1 hour Oruxmaps would finally be operationnal. The only way I've found to make it work directly is to erase the Oruxmaps folder in my SDcard prior to start. Then it loads in a fair amount of time.

I never had the occasion to say that this app is awesome with all the choices of maps, specially the maps with the trails in forests to not get lost and the directions editor! Great job! :D

I'm on Android v2.1 within Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro. Yeh, I never took the time to root it) :roll:

Thanks and have a nice day!

orux

Quote from: "SHARCRASH"Hello,

I'm encountering a problem since i updated Oruxmaps to v5.5.11. Two seconds after i launch the app, it freezes during start/splash screen. Even trying to shut the app doesn't work and after some time a message appears saying that the app doesn't respond anymore. In some rare occasions, I didn't force close the app while it was stuck and after about 1 hour Oruxmaps would finally be operationnal. The only way I've found to make it work directly is to erase the Oruxmaps folder in my SDcard prior to start. Then it loads in a fair amount of time.

I never had the occasion to say that this app is awesome with all the choices of maps, specially the maps with the trails in forests to not get lost and the directions editor! Great job! :D

I'm on Android v2.1 within Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro. Yeh, I never took the time to root it) :roll:

Hi,

may be problems with some maps, do you have many maps in the mapfiles folder?

try to organize your maps in folders, and activate/deactivate the folders if you do not use some of them.

orux

SHARCRASH

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "SHARCRASH"Hello,

I'm encountering a problem since i updated Oruxmaps to v5.5.11. Two seconds after i launch the app, it freezes during start/splash screen. Even trying to shut the app doesn't work and after some time a message appears saying that the app doesn't respond anymore. ...

Hi,

may be problems with some maps, do you have many maps in the mapfiles folder?

try to organize your maps in folders, and activate/deactivate the folders if you do not use some of them.

orux

Hello!

Thank you for your help!

I tested...

- Erased the Oruxmaps folder so that i could start the app.

- Started the app, start/splash screen lasted about 5 minutes (app reconstructed the Oruxmaps folder i guess)

- I only loaded 1 map:  Hike & Bike DE map.

- Switched off the app

- Before I relaunch the app, I checked the mapfiles folder (+subfolders) and I only found 4 files in there : onlinemapsources.xmp (14.14KB), OruxMapsCachImages.db (166KB), OruxMapsImages.db (146KB), world.otrk2.xml (1.75KB)

- Relaunched the Oruxmaps app = stuck at splash screen (circle status is stuck too) during 15 minutes (quiet lucky this time i find)

Ouch! :(