Rev 7.3.4 geopdf redraw bug/crash

Started by WW.2, August 22, 2018, 11:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW.2

Hi since I upgraded to 7.3.4 my geopdf maps are redrawing every few seconds (I see a grey flash on the screen), sometimes it causes a temporary screen freeze and sometimes the app crashes.

The behaviour starts after I zoom in or out or scroll the map.

Ive tried clearing the raster cache and refreshing the offline maps.

Also the orux map utm grid is sometimes is out of alignment with the UTM grid printed on the geofpdf. This is random sometimes at closer zoom other times at far out zoom. Seems different for each geopdf.

Using Android Pie.

Edit actually i just tested it with the openandroid maps and same issue of slow redraw but not as bad.

Edit2. after some more extensive testing the map is now taking a long time to redraw after a scroll or zoom.  Many times it gets stuck with only half map display. sometimes it fix other times the app crash.

:(

orux

Quote from: WW.2 post_id=14099 time=1534930114 user_id=7874
Hi since I upgraded to 7.3.4 my geopdf maps are redrawing every few seconds (I see a grey flash on the screen), sometimes it causes a temporary screen freeze and sometimes the app crashes.

The behaviour starts after I zoom in or out or scroll the map.

Ive tried clearing the raster cache and refreshing the offline maps.

Also the orux map utm grid is sometimes is out of alignment with the UTM grid printed on the geofpdf. This is random sometimes at closer zoom other times at far out zoom. Seems different for each geopdf.

Using Android Pie.

Edit actually i just tested it with the openandroid maps and same issue of slow redraw but not as bad.

Edit2. after some more extensive testing the map is now taking a long time to redraw after a scroll or zoom.  Many times it gets stuck with only half map display. sometimes it fix other times the app crash.

:(

Hello!

With all GeoPDF maps?

Could you post a link to any of those maps?

orux

WW.2

Hi Orux

I have tried two geomaps so far and both have the issue.  Same map issuer.

Have sent you a PM with the link to the maps.

orux

Quote from: WW.2 post_id=14102 time=1534938007 user_id=7874
Hi Orux

I have tried two geomaps so far and both have the issue.  Same map issuer.

Have sent you a PM with the link to the maps.

Thanks;

Those maps require a lot of memory in the libraries that OruxMaps currently uses. That's why you see that effect.

The problem with the ones used in previous versions is that they do work well with that map, but they do not work with others.  :cry:

I'll have to add both libraries in the next version and let the user choose based on the maps he uses.

orux

WW.2

Thanks for looking into problem Orux.

Any chance of pushing out a new version by tomorrow?  I have a big hike planned which I was planning to use Oruxmaps for the navigation.

If not is ok as I have a plan b.

orux

Quote from: WW.2 post_id=14107 time=1534981461 user_id=7874
Thanks for looking into problem Orux.

Any chance of pushing out a new version by tomorrow?  I have a big hike planned which I was planning to use Oruxmaps for the navigation.

If not is ok as I have a plan b.

It was not possible.

But you can test now the last beta version, with an option in settings--maps--use alternative GeoPDF libraries.

If you change that option, you have to reload again the map you are using.

orux