KML overlay icon size

Started by geo, August 26, 2018, 05:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geo

I am a happy user of OruxMaps but there is something that is detracting from my experience with the application.  The icons on my KML overlays are either too big or too small; too big if I use the Scale icon bitmaps option, and too small if I do not.  Is there a configuration parameter to change the scaling?

orux

Quote from: geo post_id=14121 time=1535253019 user_id=7913
I am a happy user of OruxMaps but there is something that is detracting from my experience with the application.  The icons on my KML overlays are either too big or too small; too big if I use the Scale icon bitmaps option, and too small if I do not.  Is there a configuration parameter to change the scaling?

The problem with the old kml icons is that they are built for PC displays, with 60-90 dpi. In phones, we have from 120 to 500 dpi.

If you don't scale the images, then the real bitmap is used. If not, scaled, depending on your phone screen resolution.

But it is possible that none of the two solutions are optimal. I will try to add intermediate values.

orux

geo

Thank you. I look forward to that upgrade. :)

orux

Quote from: geo post_id=14138 time=1535355452 user_id=7913
Thank you. I look forward to that upgrade. :)

Hello;

with the new beta version, you can fix a size for the kml icons. Please, check it,

orux

geo

I appreciate this! However I am about to leave for a trip and I don't want to risk changing anything or running a Beta version.  I shall gladly test it when I get back.

geo

I am embarrassed that it took so long for me to come back to this, but I just installed 7.3.7 and I appreciate the added feature.  Thank you.