slow start

Started by libove, September 06, 2018, 07:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

libove

Device: OnePlus 5T, 6GB RAM, 64GB built-in storage.

Android v8.1.0

OruxMaps Donate v7.3.4

Lately, I don't know if it is since an app update, or I added new map files? .. OruxMaps is slow to start - around 40 seconds. Previously, even with lots of maps, it would load instantly.

My mapfiles are all in {local storage}/oruxmaps/mapfiles/. Within that directory there's the default world map, and then a subdirectory Spain/ which holds most of the map data. There are about a dozen map subdirectories under mapfiles/Spain/.

My trackfiles are all in {local storage}/oruxmaps/tracklogs/, flat (all in that one folder). There are about a dozen tracklogs there. Most or all are GPX exports from MapMyRide (as I've been doing for years).

How should I diagnose this slow start issue?

thanks.

matt

Hi,

maybe

- Try Settings->Maps->"Skip map check" (activate that).

- Or temporarily move away your mapfiles/Spain/ subdirectory.

- Or de-activate any hill shading, if you use it.

Just to possibly narrow down root cause...

Matt

orux

Quote from: matt post_id=14181 time=1536384373 user_id=2693
Hi,

maybe

- Try Settings->Maps->"Skip map check" (activate that).

- Or temporarily move away your mapfiles/Spain/ subdirectory.

- Or de-activate any hill shading, if you use it.

Just to possibly narrow down root cause...

Matt

Check if settings--maps--maps directory points to the right directory.

If there are wrong files/maps inside that folder, when the app restarts, checks again all folders. Do not copy in that folder no maps files.

orux

libove

Hi, thanks for the support. I first tested with the "skip map check" option, and OruxMaps did start almost instantly.

Then I turned off the skip map check option again, and moved batches of Spain/*/ subfolders out until startup became very quick, then started moving those subfolders back in one-by-one. Here's the strange thing:

With ALL of the mapfiles subfolders moved back into place, OruxMaps now starts in about 7 seconds, where immediately before I began this series of tests it was taking 20 seconds+

So, same data as before, but now much faster to start?

warm regards,