"map"-maps from openandromaps not rendering

Started by tomseitz, September 29, 2018, 02:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomseitz

Maps from openandromaps (xxx.map) are loading but not rendering with any theme other than "Tiramisu" (Means: just showing grey with "loading-circles"). This started after the last Orux-Update (now: Version 7.3.6Donate). Nothing was changed unless the Orux-Version.

I also updated the elevate theme with no success.

Android Pie on a Pixel2.

What is to be done to make it work again?

orux

Quote from: tomseitz post_id=14322 time=1538225103 user_id=2323
Maps from openandromaps (xxx.map) are loading but not rendering with any theme other than "Tiramisu" (Means: just showing grey with "loading-circles"). This started after the last Orux-Update (now: Version 7.3.6Donate). Nothing was changed unless the Orux-Version.

I also updated the elevate theme with no success.

Android Pie on a Pixel2.

What is to be done to make it work again?

It is a problem with android 9, not supported with current mapsforge libraries.

Please, test the last beta version, it should work.

orux

tomecki

I'm having the same problem as the tomseitz.  Can you please elaborate on trying the latest beta version.  Are you talking about the OruxMaps, Openandormaps map files, or the render themes?  Can you please indicate where the latest beta is available, I haven't been able to find a beta for any of the above.  

Thanks

kovace

The same problem here on Pixel 2 with Android P. The offline maps in .map format are not showing after the update to 7.3.6 Donate, but were showing before the update.

What beta version do you mean?  Can we expect it to be fixed soon in the official version?

Thanks for the great work!

tomseitz

Thanks a lot for the quick info.

The openandromaps forum brought up the idea, that if mapsforge libraries are NOT supported, also Tiramisu should not work. So may be it is only PARTLY supported and Elevate2 could work. So it does!

As I fear the beta-version could corrupt my system-setup if installed together with the normal version, I decided to better wait for the next final version.

This is just to keep you and others updated.

Thanks a lot!

orux

Quote from: tomseitz post_id=14335 time=1538307971 user_id=2323
Thanks a lot for the quick info.

The openandromaps forum brought up the idea, that if mapsforge libraries are NOT supported, also Tiramisu should not work. So may be it is only PARTLY supported and Elevate2 could work. So it does!

As I fear the beta-version could corrupt my system-setup if installed together with the normal version, I decided to better wait for the next final version.

This is just to keep you and others updated.

Thanks a lot!

Here is a beta version, that should work fine:

https://oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4894">https://oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4894

orux

kovace

Elevate2 works for me as well (Android P on Pixel 2). For now it is OK, but I would also prefer to wait for the official version. Thanks.

kovace

Elevate works now, after updating to version 7.3.7 Donate. Thanks!