Lost waypoints/geocaches

Started by jonny-blue, November 17, 2013, 05:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny-blue

Hi Orux,

I often use OM for hiking and geocaching because it's the best app to see tracks, routes, altitude, moving direction ... and caches on the way.  :)

... but with geocaches I have some problems.

With my geocaching app I can export caches and import in OM ... that works great.  8-)

After that I can see the caches on the map ...

[attachment=1]picsay-1384704010.jpg[/attachment]

But after some time (especially when running OM in the background and use some other apps) ... the geocaches suddenly disappear ...  :shock:

[attachment=0]picsay-1384704036.jpg[/attachment]

I've asked this longer time ago in the "old" forum but found no workarround.  :?

Is there a way to change this behaviour? ... to make the geocaches permanent active?

febs

This happens to me as well, with any waypoints, not only geocaches. I use waypoints seldom but hey.

Sent from my RunboX5-W using Tapatalk

orux

Quote from: "febs"This happens to me as well, with any waypoints, not only geocaches. I use waypoints seldom but hey.

If android removes oruxmaps from memory, the app recovers itself a few seconds after; but some artifacts are not show again, such as geocaches or wpts added to the route.

I promise to work on this soon.

orux

febs

Please! :-) I am soon going to rock climb on a Greek island and I would love to mark all the crags on the map (and recall them after a force close ;). Thank you!!

orux

Quote from: "febs"Please! :-) I am soon going to rock climb on a Greek island and I would love to mark all the crags on the map (and recall them after a force close ;). Thank you!!

The last beta should keep the geocaches/wpts even if oruxmaps is killed.

orux

febs

Going to download! Gracias chico

jonny-blue

QuoteThe last beta should keep the geocaches/wpts

Cool ... THX.  8-)  8-)  8-)

First (indoor   :lol:  ) steps looks pretty good ... can't wait to try it tomorrow outdoor.  :)

Greetings from Germany ... and many thanks for this great app.  8-)

jonny-blue

Oooops ...  :shock:

Just tried it intensiv by calling a lot of apps (with OM in the background).

Before switching from OM to some other apps it looks like that ...

[attachment=1]picsay-1385319702.jpg[/attachment]

And when I came back to OM again (it started from scratch) and shows a blank map :cry:

[attachment=0]picsay-1385319732.jpg[/attachment]

orux

Quote from: "jonny-blue"Oooops ...  :shock:

Just tried it intensiv by calling a lot of apps (with OM in the background).

Before switching from OM to some other apps it looks like that ...

[attachment=1]picsay-1385319702.jpg[/attachment]

And when I came back to OM again (it started from scratch) and shows a blank map :cry:

Hmm,

it should work if you are following a route/wpt. navigating/geocaching.

But not it you are not 'using' the geocaches/wpts.

orux

febs

Shouldn't they stay onscreen anyways?

jonny-blue

QuoteBut not it you are not 'using' the geocaches/wpts...

OK, normaly I just display the existing geocaches on the map and when I'm near one of them I use the "geocache" function for this choosen cache.

But after switching to some other apps and running OM in background ... all the caches (waypoints) disappears (even the one marked).

orux

Quote from: "jonny-blue"

OK, normaly I just display the existing geocaches on the map and when I'm near one of them I use the "geocache" function for this choosen cache.

But after switching to some other apps and running OM in background ... all the caches (waypoints) disappears (even the one marked).

I will try to restore all wpts/geocaches even if not following/wpt navigating,

orux

febs

By the way. Locus allows to stay in background mode. So that it's never killed. Wouldn't be worthwhile to add such an option to OM? I really miss it.

febs

I meant "as a service", and, be able to do so even if not recording a track. Thanks!

orux

Quote from: "jonny-blue"

How do you load the geocaches to the mapviewer? from the caches list or from files (gpx/kml/kmz)?

I'm trying, and if force closing the application, then open it (using the latest beta) loaded wpts remain displayed.

orux