New beta version 8.2.x [CLOSED]

Started by orux, January 06, 2021, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paoloianes

Hi Orux anche thank you for your job in the new Beta 8.2.12!

It is a very nice thing to be able to draw your own routes inside Oruxmaps using "Brouter offline".
I would like to point out some issues that could be corrected:

1) BRouter draws the route only after pressing the "blue button". Thus, Brouter has to draw a very long route, which passes through all waypoints. It would be better if Brouter draws the route every time a waypoint is added.  In this way, Brouter could only calculate the route between the last two waypoints and if you wouldn't like the route, you could change the last entered waypoint immediately.

2) It would be nice if you save the drawn route inside the Tracklog dir when you press the "blue button". Or you could add the Save route command inside the "new red navigation button".

3) the "Manage tracks/routes" command does not show the routes but only the tracks stored in the defalut directory (typically "oruxmaps/tracklogs").

4) the command "Import new tracks" also shows the routes. It would be nice to be able to edit a "loaded route" by moving waypoints and adding new ones.

orux

Thanks for your comments.
1.-Asking Brouter is a heavy task; maybe as an option your suggestion. I will think about it.
2.-You always can save the created route to the folder if you click the fist waypoint of the route. It is not saved by default, because not all people want to save all searches.
3.-Manage your Tracks shows only the Tracks inside oruxmapstracks.db database. You can have more files (gpx, kml,...) in the folder, but if you want to show those routes when you click manage my tracks/routes you can import those gpx/kml,... to the database.
4.-After you impor a Track/route to the managed tracks/routes, you can edit them, and add/move/delete points.

orux

orux

Quote from: orux on April 10, 2021, 04:03:16 PM
Quote from: Andrea65 on April 10, 2021, 03:37:05 PM
About Strava Authorization.

Hello, in my case, using Android 9 and 10 on two different phones, I all time had that same problem (needed to login each time I want to upload a course) with any previous version of Oruxmaps.
I believed so far it was a wanted feature.

Regards,
Andrea
Hello!
The new beta version should help with that problem.
First time you will need to login again, but the app should be able to connect next days,

orux

Hello!
The problem is that Strava has changed its authentication token lifetime policies. Before they were much longer, for months (I do not remember when) they have been reduced to hours.

I'll update the beta shortly, to test a token renewal system, to see if it works ...

orux

YvanCB

Hello,

I tried Brouter on Oruxmaps.
Very interresting.  :)
Therefore, I can't save the created route. I clic at the begining of the created path but there is no option to save anything. ???
Can you tell me more?

One more time: tank you Orux.

Regards.

orux

Quote from: YvanCB on April 13, 2021, 07:23:04 AM
Hello,

I tried Brouter on Oruxmaps.
Very interresting.  :)
Therefore, I can't save the created route. I clic at the begining of the created path but there is no option to save anything. ???
Can you tell me more?

One more time: tank you Orux.

Regards.

Hello!

The first point should include a button (diskette) that saves the route as a GPX file.

orux

YvanCB

I so sorry, I can't see this famous floppy disk:

https://youtu.be/P1EDH_KJ5ew

It seems that there is no first point...
Can you help me?

Regards.

orux

Quote from: YvanCB on April 13, 2021, 10:04:59 AM
I so sorry, I can't see this famous floppy disk:

https://youtu.be/P1EDH_KJ5ew

It seems that there is no first point...
Can you help me?

Regards.
You have to enable global settings-->waypoints-->Create first/last waypoint.
I have to check how the route is created in brouter, normally a first point was already included, so that setting was not necessary to have it activated, because the app does not create the first point if it already exists
orux

YvanCB

Hello Orux!
It's working now! :)
Regards.

eartrumpet

Quote from: eartrumpet on March 07, 2021, 10:59:20 PM
Quote from: orux on March 07, 2021, 04:50:00 PM
It is an old problem, which was there for a long time.

I've been digging through mapsforge libraries a bit, and I think I've found the solution. The problem was that the library thought that the app used a single thread to create tiles, and did not do certain steps. Changing something, it should already work in the following beta.
Thanks, it's fixed in the latest beta. Also thanks for the single thread hint, using the single thread for creating mapsforge maps is also a workaround for current GP version.
Regards,
Tobias
I have to correct myself - the patterns, line, text and icons sizes are fixed, but the tile sizes are still not correctly scaled according to pixel density. Please have a look at the two screenshots of the same area in the latest OruxMaps Beta and Cruiser (Mapsforge reference implentation). At the same zoom level more area is shown in OruxMaps as the tiles are too small. In consequence the lines, which would be correctly scaled for larger tiles, get too thick for this tile size and details get hidden. In former OruxMaps Version the tile size was scaled correctly according to pixel density, in the current GP version this is off, too.

YvanCB

Hello,
It seems that the "order" in sort fonction is not saved in the "Manage Tracks/Routes" screen.
For exemple I would like to sorte tracks by name but in inverse order.
Is it possible?
Regards.

orux

Quote from: YvanCB on April 14, 2021, 10:14:01 PM
Hello,
It seems that the "order" in sort fonction is not saved in the "Manage Tracks/Routes" screen.
For exemple I would like to sorte tracks by name but in inverse order.
Is it possible?
Regards.
Try with last beta, it should work fine, and save last sort order and/or inverse option.

orux

orux

Quote from: eartrumpet on April 14, 2021, 09:09:08 PM
Quote from: eartrumpet on March 07, 2021, 10:59:20 PM
Quote from: orux on March 07, 2021, 04:50:00 PM
It is an old problem, which was there for a long time.

I've been digging through mapsforge libraries a bit, and I think I've found the solution. The problem was that the library thought that the app used a single thread to create tiles, and did not do certain steps. Changing something, it should already work in the following beta.
Thanks, it's fixed in the latest beta. Also thanks for the single thread hint, using the single thread for creating mapsforge maps is also a workaround for current GP version.
Regards,
Tobias
I have to correct myself - the patterns, line, text and icons sizes are fixed, but the tile sizes are still not correctly scaled according to pixel density. Please have a look at the two screenshots of the same area in the latest OruxMaps Beta and Cruiser (Mapsforge reference implentation). At the same zoom level more area is shown in OruxMaps as the tiles are too small. In consequence the lines, which would be correctly scaled for larger tiles, get too thick for this tile size and details get hidden. In former OruxMaps Version the tile size was scaled correctly according to pixel density, in the current GP version this is off, too.
Hello!

In last versions the app is using a maximum tile size of 512px.

I guess it is the cause of what you see in different apps. The size greater than 512px, which the library chooses based on the pixel density of the screen, was causing problems with some things.

In the masforge map configuration (OruxMaps) you can change the scale factor, I don't know if changing it also modifies other things.

In the last beta I have left open again the option of sizes greater than 512px, possibly on your phone the display will be the same as other apps,

orux

Juanjo

Hola,

gracias por la nueva beta. Tiene muy buena pinta eso de los 'custom intents' pero, al intentar añadir uno dándole al botón mas me dice 'You can not edit default intent'. Estoy haciendo algo mal?

También he visto esto que apareció unas cuantas betas atrás, no lo habia visto antes.

Quote from: orux on January 06, 2021, 03:44:31 PM
:beta6:
--new tool added to routes-->route tools (maybe it should be under map tools...): topographic cut. Requires DEM files. 

Lo he probado y me gusta bastante, ademas, ahora ya solo queda un paso para implementar esto ;) Las dos funcionalidades son muy parecidas.

Saludos

orux

Quote from: Juanjo on April 16, 2021, 04:20:07 PM
Hola,

gracias por la nueva beta. Tiene muy buena pinta eso de los 'custom intents' pero, al intentar añadir uno dándole al botón mas me dice 'You can not edit default intent'. Estoy haciendo algo mal?

También he visto esto que apareció unas cuantas betas atrás, no lo habia visto antes.

--new tool added to routes-->route tools (maybe it should be under map tools...): topographic cut. Requires DEM files. 

Lo he probado y me gusta bastante, ademas, ahora ya solo queda un paso para implementar esto ;) Las dos funcionalidades son muy parecidas.

Saludos

Upss!
Actualizada la beta, a ver ahora...

orux

Juanjo

Quote from: orux on April 16, 2021, 06:53:36 PM
Quote from: Juanjo on April 16, 2021, 04:20:07 PM
Hola,

Saludos

Upss!
Actualizada la beta, a ver ahora...

orux

ahora va perfecto, gracias!

PD: typo en 'Compartir posaición en mapa Intents' posaición --> posición. Eso lo puedes dejar para la proxima beta  ;)