Oruxmaps doesn't see the SD card anymore

Started by theudebert, May 31, 2024, 11:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theudebert

Hi everyone,
until recently I had all data for Orux (mapfiles, mapstyles, dem files, ...) in a folder called "oruxmaps" on my SD card.
But now, oruxmaps doesn't see the card anymore. For example when I choose in the settings the point "Migration to external SD card" it says "No SD-card found!".
Android and other apps (files explorer, car navigation, ...) can see and write on the card correctly.

I have already reformated the card and reinstalled Oruxmaps, but to no avail.  :(
Does anyone have an idea, what could be the problem and how to solve it?

Much thanks in andvance

P.S.: Phone is an OPPO A94 5G (CPH2211) with Android 13 (security patches from 2024-01-05)

Tronpo

Quote from: theudebert on May 31, 2024, 11:54:16 PMHi everyone,
until recently I had all data for Orux (mapfiles, mapstyles, dem files, ...) in a folder called "oruxmaps" on my SD card.
But now, oruxmaps doesn't see the card anymore. For example when I choose in the settings the point "Migration to external SD card" it says "No SD-card found!".
Android and other apps (files explorer, car navigation, ...) can see and write on the card correctly.

I have already reformated the card and reinstalled Oruxmaps, but to no avail.  :(
Does anyone have an idea, what could be the problem and how to solve it?

Much thanks in andvance

P.S.: Phone is an OPPO A94 5G (CPH2211) with Android 13 (security patches from 2024-01-05)

Hello, make sure that orux has the permission to access all files.
See the app's storage settings

theudebert

Quote from: Tronpo on June 01, 2024, 10:34:37 PMHello, make sure that orux has the permission to access all files.
See the app's storage settings

Thanks for your answer.
I THINK, that orux has this permission. But actually I can't find a point in the settings, where I can check it.
Can anyone give me a hint?

Tronpo

It is being the case that Android in the updates is overriding the permission
You can check this in the app's storage settings.
As you can see in the screenshot.