Screen selection when overlaping mpas

Started by YvanCB, June 09, 2024, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YvanCB

Hello,

I use overlapping maps. When I change the zoom level if there are 2 maps available (overlaping zone) Oruxmaps asks me which map I want to use. It's make sense.
The displayed things are exactly the same regardless of the chosen maps.
The problem is that it's a bit annoying when I zoom in and out repeatedly.
Isn't there a trick to get Oruxmpas to use one of the maps without showing me this screen?
Whatever the choosen map the display will be OK.

Regards.

Tronpo

Hello, the problem is that the multimap you use does not have the zoom level you are asking for when zooming in and out, that's why it asks you
In Settings > Maps > Zoom Settings > Auto-load map with Zoom (uncheck the box)
Restart orux to execute the configuration change

YvanCB

Hello,

Thank you for very much your answer. Your solution is not OK for me because I can't change the zoom level.
For the moment I have got two kinds of files (created with Mobac) : multimap (several zoom level in one file) and standard map (one file = one zoom level).

For the World (multimap) :
Z2 to z13 => 1 file

For France, my country (standard map):
z14 => 1 file
z15 => 4 files
Z16 => 16 files
z17 => 64 files
z18 => 256 files

How can I do to to have OM don't asking me when, for exemple, I'm in z15 and z16 have to be displayed in a z16 overlapping zone?
Perhaps I have to recreate my my map files in a different way...

Regards.

YvanCB

Hello,

Would it be more clever to create, for a given area, multimap files which would include all the desired zoom levels (z2 to z17 or z18)?

For example :
South-East of France : 1 multimap file with all zoom levels
South-West of France : 1 multimap file with all zoom levels
Etc...

Or perhaps I have to remove overlapping zone? In his case no more question when changing zoom level? There will be only one file for the wanted area and zoom.

What are your advises?

Regards.

PS: During a zoom in or zoom out in a overlapped area OM cannot choose by himself the map to be displayed. I don't understand why because images of the proposed maps are the same.
Can you explain to me why?
Regards.

Tronpo

Oooo, I thought these were multimaps created directly in Oruxmaps :) I do not use Mobac, due to lack of resources :(

Tronpo

Quote from: YvanCB on June 09, 2024, 11:32:14 AMHello,

Would it be more clever to create, for a given area, multimap files which would include all the desired zoom levels (z2 to z17 or z18)?

For example :
South-East of France : 1 multimap file with all zoom levels
South-West of France : 1 multimap file with all zoom levels
Etc...

Or perhaps I have to remove overlapping zone? In his case no more question when changing zoom level? There will be only one file for the wanted area and zoom.

What are your advises?

Regards.

PS: During a zoom in or zoom out in a overlapped area OM cannot choose by himself the map to be displayed. I don't understand why because images of the proposed maps are the same.
Can you explain to me why?
Regards.

Well, I would think that this is a good alternative, maybe orux in this case does not detect the "absence of map" between the missing zoom intervals and does not ask the question.