Track distance shown is too short

Started by Ugglekatten, September 04, 2024, 08:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugglekatten

Hello.
When I walk in the terrain and record a track OruxMaps shows too short track distance.
I am using version 7.4.46

How do I know that the distance is too short?
- I use a second GPS device and it shows a longer distance, about 20-30% % longer.
- If I export the track from Oruxmaps to GPX file and import it to Garmin Basecamp software, the track distance is shown about 20-30% longer
I attach a typical file, Oruxmaps shows the track distance as 960 meters, Garmin Basecamp shows it as 1300 meters

best regards
Gunnar

Ugglekatten

It is the same if I use the paid version, v.10.7.3 GP

Tronpo

Quote from: Ugglekatten on September 04, 2024, 08:14:18 PMHello.
When I walk in the terrain and record a track OruxMaps shows too short track distance.
I am using version 7.4.46

How do I know that the distance is too short?
- I use a second GPS device and it shows a longer distance, about 20-30% % longer.
- If I export the track from Oruxmaps to GPX file and import it to Garmin Basecamp software, the track distance is shown about 20-30% longer
I attach a typical file, Oruxmaps shows the track distance as 960 meters, Garmin Basecamp shows it as 1300 meters

best regards
Gunnar

Hello, you can configure every few meters will save the track points in OruxMaps.
  • Configuration > GPS > sensors > minimum distance.
The shorter the set distance, the more real the recording will be, this directly influences the total distance of the track.
Put a shorter distance and you will see it.
If you know what settings Garmin uses, put the most similar .
Best regards.