Routes to tracks

Started by dsvilko, January 16, 2014, 11:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsvilko

I don't know if this is allready possible but I can't seem to find a way...

The idea is this... Use the 'Search Route' to build the route, then convert it to track so you could use the 'Correct Altitude' feature to add the altitude data. You can then have a nice route elevation profile in advance for the use with the TC-2 tab of the Radar.

Alternativelly, automatically add the altitude data (from the local SRTM data) to the generated routes.

goosiebn

In the Route Manage screen, click on the Track/Route then choose Correct Altitude from the menu (last option, may have to scroll the menu).

G

dsvilko

Quote from: "goosiebn"In the Route Manage screen, click on the Track/Route then choose Correct Altitude from the menu (last option, may have to scroll the menu).

I know of 'Correct Altitude' but I still don't know how to apply it to a generated route. Have you actually tried it? Can you guide me through it?

1. I generate a route with the Search Route

2. I click on the Route->Manage

3. I can see there only the saved tracks, and definitely not the just generated route

That is my problem. I don't see how I can get the generated route to show up in the Manager so I can apply the Correct Altitude. Is there a way to save a generated route?

dsvilko

Bump!

Anyone? Can I save a generated route?

orux

Quote from: "dsvilko"Bump!

Hi,

Tap the first point of the route, then 'Export ot a file'; then you can import the file to OruxMaps database.

In a future version, it will be possible a direct to database import.

orux

dsvilko

Quote from: "orux"

Tap the first point of the route, then 'Export ot a file'; then you can import the file to OruxMaps database.

Thank you! Didn't know that. Does this  help me with my original request? Can I correct a route altitude?

orux

Quote from: "dsvilko"

Thank you! Didn't know that. Does this  help me with my original request? Can I correct a route altitude?

Yes,

after you have the route in the database, you can select that route in the route list, then 'correct altitude'

orux

dsvilko

after you have the route in the database, you can select that route in the route list, then 'correct altitude'

Thanks again! I have finally found the import GPX button in the new beta :) Don't know why I thought it was only for import from on-line sources.

Can I ask you another question? When navigating a route, the TC-2 display configured to show the route profile and a 'green dot', how is our current position in the route determined? Simply from distance travelled or more intelligenty? Can I rely on the green dot showing the true position in the route?