New BETA 5.5.19!

Started by orux, February 25, 2014, 05:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertop

I set the phone's voice tts in Italian. Enabling voice messages she (the voice is female) says correctly speed, distance, etc. but the hours, minutes, seconds and Kilometers seem to be written in English but read with Italian pronunciation (eg: 0 hours 10 minutes 15 seconds)

Note that in release 5.5.18 were read as : 0 e 10 e 15 secondi, and distances was pronunced correctly as: xx Kilometri .

It is also miscalculated the time of arrival (in 5.5.18 was ok)

I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope I was clear.

Thanks

Roberto

orux

Quote from: "robertop"I set the phone's voice tts in Italian. Enabling voice messages she (the voice is female) says correctly speed, distance, etc. but the hours, minutes, seconds and Kilometers seem to be written in English but read with Italian pronunciation (eg: 0 hours 10 minutes 15 seconds)

Note that in release 5.5.18 were read as : 0 e 10 e 15 secondi, and distances was pronunced correctly as: xx Kilometri .

It is also miscalculated the time of arrival (in 5.5.18 was ok)

I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope I was clear.

Thanks

Roberto

Hi,

not all the voices are translated, if you want to help... :)

orux

Legend

I don't know if this behaviour is intentional but I noticed that if I rotate the map and then disable the rotate guesture from the settings, when I press the zoom reset button, the map stay rotated and does not orientate to the north.

If the button is pressed with the rotate guesture turned on again, then the map's orientation is reseted.

orux

Quote from: "Legend"I don't know if this behaviour is intentional but I noticed that if I rotate the map and then disable the rotate guesture from the settings, when I press the zoom reset button, the map stay rotated and does not orientate to the north.

If the button is pressed with the rotate guesture turned on again, then the map's orientation is reseted.

Thanks,

solved,

orux

Legend

I am glad  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Keep doing great work!

valleyofdawn

Hi,

Can you open more folders for the online maps?

Say divide them to basemaps and layers, or world, Europe, USA?

Right now all my old maps just fall into layers/world

An extra 2 clicks to reach the same long list.

orux

Quote from: "valleyofdawn"Hi,

Can you open more folders for the online maps?

Say divide them to basemaps and layers, or world, Europe, USA?

Right now all my old maps just fall into layers/world

An extra 2 clicks to reach the same long list.

Hi,

you can organize your online maps adding (xx) to the end of the name (in the onlinemapsources.xml file). This is how the new version organize the new maps.

orux

valleyofdawn

Sorry, I didn't quite get it.

So if I want a map called "OpenCycleMap" to be in a folder called "OSM"

then the header in the onlinemapsources.xml file should be what?

"OpenCycleMapxxOSM"?

Thanks

GeMe

Hola Orux,

Como puedo comprobar si el orux está exportando correctamente a gpx en la beta 5.5.19.

Es que cuando lo habro en el compegps, me está poniendo puntos en lugares extraños o repitiendo puntos en otros sitios.

A lo mejor, también puede ser que al hacer la modificación masiva de los waypoints y añadirlos al track y luego exportarlo a GPX, algún punto, no esté exportándose correctamente...

Voy a investigar un poco más y te digo.

orux

Quote from: "valleyofdawn"Sorry, I didn't quite get it.

So if I want a map called "OpenCycleMap" to be in a folder called "OSM"

then the header in the onlinemapsources.xml file should be what?

"OpenCycleMapxxOSM"?

Thanks

Examples:

<onlinemapsource uid="12">

<name>Statkart Toporaster 2 (NO)</name>

<onlinemapsource uid="17">

<name>Hike and Bike (DE)</name>

<onlinemapsource uid="xx">

<name>OpenCycleMapxx (OSM)</name>

refresh the map list after the changes.

orux

orux

Quote from: "GeMe"Hola Orux,

Como puedo comprobar si el orux está exportando correctamente a gpx en la beta 5.5.19.

Es que cuando lo habro en el compegps, me está poniendo puntos en lugares extraños o repitiendo puntos en otros sitios.

A lo mejor, también puede ser que al hacer la modificación masiva de los waypoints y añadirlos al track y luego exportarlo a GPX, algún punto, no esté exportándose correctamente...

Voy a investigar un poco más y te digo.

Si abres el gpx con google earth, por ejemplo, y los wpts no aparecen en el mismo sitio que en OruxMaps, algo malo está pasando;

orux

valleyofdawn

OK, the folders are working - thanks.

It seems to only work with capital letters and it includes the parentheses in the folder name when in appears in the list.

Also the folder name appears again in the map name, which is redundant.

Another idea would be to work with tags rather than folders.

That way, for instance,  all satellite maps can be grouped together, and all Google maps can be grouped together, and the Google Earth map would be found in both groups.

flohupfer

Hi Orux,

can this Feature (Center and Zoom on double tap) be disabled in some menue (I did not find any means)?

I use Oruxmaps in a protective cover, so the touch sensitivity is not optimal. This leads to unintended double taps instead of Scrolling, which is very annoying.

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "Legend"
Quote from: "goosiebn"Is it intentional that double tap zoom only zooms digitally?

I just tested this and it happens only if the "only digital zoom" is enabled for the on screen buttons

you are right,

this gesture is equal to on screen buttons, relative to zoom,

orux