Alert tones.

Started by goosiebn, June 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goosiebn

On Android 4.4.2, the ringer starts low in volume and increases to the pre set volume as the phone continues to ring.

It looks like this is also affecting notification tones in Orux. The first fix tone is too quiet to hear.

If when selecting the tone from settings I press the same tone as I've already selected, it is played, quietly. If I keep pressing it, repeatedly, it increases in volume.

G

goosiebn

I think this is because OruxM uses ringing tones, not notification tones?

I'd like just some short beep type tone on full volume, but now, on KitKat I have to select a ringing tone that goes on for a few seconds, that isn't too annoying, but has a sharp tone to it about the time the volume gets loud enough. OruxM then only plays the ringing tone for about a few seconds, just long enough for it to get loud.

orux

Quote from: "goosiebn"I think this is because OruxM uses ringing tones, not notification tones?

I'd like just some short beep type tone on full volume, but now, on KitKat I have to select a ringing tone that goes on for a few seconds, that isn't too annoying, but has a sharp tone to it about the time the volume gets loud enough. OruxM then only plays the ringing tone for about a few seconds, just long enough for it to get loud.

Hi,

OM uses ringtoneType="all"

that includes notifications, ringtones and alarms. But I do not know if there are changes with kitkat about it.

orux

goosiebn

The away from route alarm simply doesn't work because of this. I've been trying Locus because it has no issues with my phone (sounds are loud, uses SD card perfectly- by accident it seems, setting the root storage to storage/sdcard1 is fine on my phone though the option says it should be read only), but Locus's route alarm requires too much button pressing and screen checking and waypoint text to speech doesn't exist. As fancy as Locus is, please come back- all is forgiven...

orux

Quote from: "goosiebn"The away from route alarm simply doesn't work because of this. I've been trying Locus because it has no issues with my phone (sounds are loud, uses SD card perfectly- by accident it seems, setting the root storage to storage/sdcard1 is fine on my phone though the option says it should be read only), but Locus's route alarm requires too much button pressing and screen checking and waypoint text to speech doesn't exist. As fancy as Locus is, please come back- all is forgiven...

Hi,

I am using an android 4.4.2, and the ringtone sounds at maximum volume value.

have you cheched settings--TTS/sounds--maximize volume?

I think that you also can add new ringtones to your android device, right?

orux

goosiebn

I think it's a Motorola thing. Tried maximise volume setting. Even when I'm using the tone selection screen in Orux it plays quietly and gets louder, depending on the length of the tone. The got GPS tone plays long enough for the volume to increase, but the route alarm doesn't. Is there a way when the tone is played it can be played as an alert tone and not a ringing tone? As far as I can tell alarts from other apps play fine.

oleolafson

There is a strange effect for me with the GPS fix notification, whenever it's played (no matter which soundfile) it gets double played, like an echo. Anyone any idea on this issue?